• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Music for a career

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Change of topic away from politics etc

Thinking ahead to when I get old(er) and start losing my marbles or even grip on life, I have put together a video comprised of photo's illustrating my service career with captions etc about where I was & why I was in certain places etc. As part of that I have added music (mostly military marches) that is, imho, relevant to the pictures. I have started with my passing out parade at Swinderby and used the RAF March over that and ended with demob and the Elegy on the RAF March.

Clearly for someone who has been on 617 the 'Dambusters March' might be appropriate, similarly for someone from Coltishall the piece called 'The Jaguar' might fit the bill.

But what would you choose & why? Perhaps a Bandsman (if we have one) could offer wider suggestions?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Spending time in Cyprus in the 90s, just remember Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Summertime coming on all the time, whilst driving along the coast between Akrotiri and Episkopi

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have started with my passing out parade at Swinderby and used the RAF March over that
My pass out parade music at Swinderby was the Liberty Bell march by John Philip Sousa.
Which sounds fine until you realise it was also used as the theme tune for Monty Python.
Somebody in discip central had a sense of humour.

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I think the theme music to the start, duration and ending to my 1st career could easily be the Benny Hill Theme Tune with a slight smattering of Beadle's About when I was on the wind-up.