• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multi Stage Fitness Test

big_dawg

LAC
Hi All,
I have today recieved my joining instructions for my first module of my basic recruit training course. It states that I will be undertaking the RAF reserve fitness assessment part 1, which takes the form of the multi stage fitness test.

Am I right in thinking the MSFT is basically the bleep test?

Thanks,
BD

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Isnt the pass mark age dependent?

Yes it is...Use the search button to find the many threads on it some including the different age to level charts...

Unless you're a bird then just turn up, walk up and down the gym about a dozen times, squeeze out a couple of press-ups then claim lady problems for the sit-ups then thats it till next year...:pDT_Xtremez_17:

big_dawg

LAC
Its a minimum amount of press ups then sit ups in a minute to pass. The pass threshold varies on age.

Since I started this thread ive managed to pass mine, wasnt too bad really.

BD

big_dawg

LAC
MSFT pass level for that age bracket is level 8.03.

Press up pass level for that age bracket is: 17 minimum in one minute.

Sit up pass level for that age bracket is: 26 minimum in one minute.

Hope that helps,

BD

D

Desend to What Height??

Fitness Standards for Potential RAuxAF Officers

Fitness Standards for Potential RAuxAF Officers

Just a reminder, that the fitness standards required for Elements 2 and 3 of Reserve Officer Initial Training are the same as for potential regular officers.

During weekend 1 of Element 2, RAuxAF Officer Cadets will need to pass the Initial Officer Training Fitness Assesment (IOTFA.) This test is made up of a 1.5 mile run around the North Airfield, followed by maximal pressups in 2 minutes, followed by maximal sit ups in 2 minutes.

Like the RAF Fitness Test this is an age/gender related test, and a minumum number of points need to be reached in order to progress to the rest of ROIT.

The IOTFA is repeated during Element 3, and must be passed to allow the Officer Cadet to progress to Ex Decisive Edge.

Note, the style of press up and sit up is different to that used in the usual RAF FT. Advice on your IOTFA from your Sqn PTI or ROIT mentor on your Sqn who can contact ROIT staff at OACTU for you.

S

simodog

MSFT for iPhone and iPod Touch

MSFT for iPhone and iPod Touch

If you want to test your level in the beep test (multi stage fitness test) or prepare for the test and you have a iPhone or iPod touch then try the beep test from www.ifittest.com from the app store. You can log your score and enter in target score so you can be sure you are on track for your formal assessment.