• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multi-skilling

H

Hoof_Hearted

C&G and NVQ 3. It is mentioned on this recruiting page.
Ahhh - so when you come out - you'll be qualified to work on production lines in say Cadburys or McVities - but NOT on cars/trucks. To the best of my knowledge, that qual is not recognised in the automotive industry.

The picture at the top shows two guys from Leuchars (closing!) reeling in hoses on a Mk11 Hyd rig, which has been out of service for about 7 yrs. Nice one recruiters!!
Nothing changes - it was like that in my day - being taught down at Saints on antiquated kit long out of service!

H

Hoof_Hearted

The GTM's entering through Halton then Saints get the NVQ,
Similar to back in my day - Swindiz then Saints and C&G Level 3.

Legacy trades attending assimilation and do x500 get fek all, it was a massive bone of contention when I did my course in 2006
the only reply we were given is we could under our own steam apply to do an MT NVQ or GSE NVQ as required
If the trade sponsors couldn't be bothered to set up a certification for the course why should we bother.
Again nothing new. Once they've got you to sign on the dotted line and lure you by false pretences - you then get fcuk all further civvy quals out of the RAF. And yet the top brass still don't understand why there are a lot of p!ssed of bods in the RAF!

slightly off topic, anyone remember on TMT 1 we were offered part 1 certificate for Management at the princely sum of £90 which after attending TMT 2 you would qualify for the next part completing the whole package?
Well I'm glad I didn't bother as by the time most of us got around to TMT 2 the qualification was removed from TMT.
Would that be NEBSM? I had to do mine after I came out!