• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multi skillin

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Any Fairy grown ups out there done the Lecky MSAT at Cosford yet? It's looming for FBC and I want to know the real deal. Is it worthwhile or is it pish? Discuss. Thanks in advance Oberons :)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Jury still out

Jury still out

One of my SACs finishes it next week and he's bringing a set of course notes back for when I become a cross dresser in Feb. They've just shortened it by one week to 3 but the content is the same I'm led to believe. It'll just be the same as the last assim thing we did, my nav insty course started at a month and by the time they caught me I got a two week intro to gyro's and told go and learn the rest from OJT.
Anyway how hard is it to change a bulb???????? :D

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Bulbs I can handle but how long is the dog ****ing lesson? Mind you had a few of them when I was at Cosford so I might be able to get that bit signed up!!
I seem to remember my Instie to Radar/Comms was a bit of a laugh but not too sure about this one. If it's now only three weeks that has to be better. If you could get some Gen from your Herbert when he returns I would appreciate it Mr RHRAB. Thanks :)

B

Beerofund

CD course - have fun!

CD course - have fun!

10 mins tick test and a nice coaster made from the Interactive Compact Disk (full of DF ****e I'll add!) given to me by the education center. Less time than to ring PSF to arrange your clearance chit to Cosford. :D

But then Ive always been a CD!!!!.......shuuuuush but dont tell the wife! :p

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Tradewise

Tradewise

A copy of the latest tradewise has just crossed my desk........

What a little snippet of information that has included in it......

MSAT will be pre-requisite for substansive promotion from 1 Apr 06...It later says that less than 30% of the trades are trained. How does that work? Obviously about 70% aren't qualified any more and unless they manage to push us all through Cosford by April fools day next year we won't be.

Thats only to get to Chief though so FBC tell them to can it... :D

Line35

LAC
Multi-Thrilling

Multi-Thrilling

:confused: I think you may have mis-understood the bit about Multi-thrilling being linked to promotion.

From Apr 06, on promotion you will not be made substantive unless you are Multi-thrilled, or have completed the MSAT course. That is not to say that you cannot be promoted unless you are Multi-thrilled, rather that you will not be promoted unless you accept and pass the Multi-thrilling course that comes with the promotion offer (...made if you are not already cross-dressed). Note that it is the MSAT course that is looked at, not if you have completed the IP and got X-500.

You either accept promotion and the MSAT course that comes with it - or you turn down the MSAT course and the promotion that goes with it.

If you turn down Multi-thrilling - which anyone can do, all you have to do is to go down to see the Chief Clark and sign a piece of paper - then you not only turn down Multi-thrilling but any promotion and any further extension of service in the RAF. It may also be that you will either be moved from where you are because very shortly all posts on the LUEs will be converted to MS trades, or not moved to your area of choice because the slot you want has been made a MS trade slot.

Also the fact that you are Multi-thrilled (or not) has no bearing on your chances of being picked up on the next promotion board; after all you have no say when you get selected for Multi-thrilling. The Prom Boards are directed to ignore this fact. Also the fact that you have been nominated for a MSAT course does not mean that you are any better or worse than the next person - it's just your turn. There is a MSAT course place for every single person that wants one.

Why the resistance to MS ? Treat it as a free re-settlement course if nothing else. Who would be more employable - someone who is trained (however badly) in one trade, or someone who has the benefit of 2 trades - even if you didn't want to stay in aero-engineering? Also, Multi-thrilled or not, you can only work 14 hrs a day with the one pair of hands you have got however many trades you have.

Either way though, I'm afraid that the party line is that Multi-thrilling is the way the RAF is going to go, you either join the bandwagon or get off at the next stop.

Last edited:
J

Jag Fag

rest have risen above me said:
Anyway how hard is it to change a bulb???????? :D

As hard as it is to randomly change a 'black box' using chicken bones and dice to pick the 'right one'. I'm hope that the multiskilling course teaches how to raise a LIM :D

Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth

*****istrator
I completed my MS course last May, was an easy course and got me out of the sh1th0le call Lyneham, however its the IP package that is supposed to be done soon as you return to your unit that is the bind :(.
With current manpower restrictions are we honestly expected to remove a fully quallified, experienced SNCO and have him carry out, for a period of six months, work of an SAC of his opposite trade(not demeaning anyone here - just its all the MSkillers are allowed to do). Or are we going to let him/her carry on with his primary role, and just pay lip service to the IP pacakage - the latter seems to be the method employed :eek:. Therefore, eight months down the line and still not boarded for MS at Sqn level. This actually bares no reflection on a MS, as they have allready, in PMA's eyes completed the course and have remustered, to ATM's (No, not ar$3 to Mouth! :eek: )

Last edited:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Jumping the gun

Jumping the gun

Line 35 I'm not against the MSAT Idea but it is marvellous banter material. The pre requisite for promotion again is logical but the point is that Apr 1st 2006 seems too soon to even mention it. OK promotion boards are instructed to ignore the lack of MSAT but even they're human and slight prejudices may creep in. Also what about poor PMA with their never ending, self looping and going through hoops lists of people and posts. If they say they need 55 MSAT posts filled but only have 25 course places available one of two things will happen.. 1-They will bias the promotion list to suit so that at least 30 have the MSAT tick, or 2-The posts will be filled by non MSAT personell who will have to wait for their course but in the mean time through no fault of their own have to be carried til they're up to speed.

JF two things -1-what do you mean "How to write a LIM. Thats just a waste of pink paper, as I'm sure you'll learn. There's at least 2 NFF's before the LIM stage.
& 2- Obviously Jags being out dated hairdryers the Fairies there are having to work with outdated equipment (Admirably and without complaint I'm sure). The rest of the aircraft world has moved on and we now use more updated equipment. Good god man this isn't the Dark Ages the latest Tealeaf software updates are freely available on the net and for those really bad snags The goat entrail reader is always a damn good back up. :D

Oh and has anyone got a spare ticket to crufts so I can get a bit of pre course investigation done. ;)

J

Jag Fag

JF two things -1-what do you mean "How to write a LIM. Thats just a waste of pink paper, as I'm sure you'll learn. There's at least 2 NFF's before the LIM stage.
& 2- Obviously Jags being out dated hairdryers the Fairies there are having to work with outdated equipment (Admirably and without complaint I'm sure). The rest of the aircraft world has moved on and we now use more updated equipment. Good god man this isn't the Dark Ages the latest Tealeaf software updates are freely available on the net and for those really bad snags The goat entrail reader is always a damn good back up. :D

Oh and has anyone got a spare ticket to crufts so I can get a bit of pre course investigation done. ;)

NFF - No Fault Friday (let's lim it)

Seriously though, don't let a Jag pilot hear you disparage the pussycat (even though the fleet is a crock of sh$t that is falling apart). Jag pilots are the 'elite' (or so they think). :rolleyes:

I can't wait to return to working on real aircraft - away from my present flying club.

I wouldn't bother with crufts - the canines are way too classy for me :D

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
How many promotion boards?

How many promotion boards?

As I left today I was asked a question by one of my chocks who is now a cross dresser after attending Cosford. There are at the moment two promotion boards to JNCO Lecky and Fairy, is he considered on both of them? Being a caring boss I couldn't be ar5ed to log back onto the intraweb to find out the info and said I'd look tomorrow (which I will) but it seems to me that to save me the trouble I could just ask the same on E-Goat and log back in in the morning. :D (The answers here will be much more entertaining) ;)

A

Almost_done

As I left today I was asked a question by one of my chocks who is now a cross dresser after attending Cosford. There are at the moment two promotion boards to JNCO Lecky and Fairy, is he considered on both of them? Being a caring boss I couldn't be ar5ed to log back onto the intraweb to find out the info and said I'd look tomorrow (which I will) but it seems to me that to save me the trouble I could just ask the same on E-Goat and log back in in the morning. :D (The answers here will be much more entertaining) ;)

From what I understand from the waffle the multiskilling promotion boards will convine post 1 Apr 2008, until then we will still be on single trade boards (existant Appos on both)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Course Notes

Course Notes

FBC finally got hold of the MSAT course notes and was surprised and dissappointed, The notes I have are for the 4 week course and they seem well structured but there was absolutely no mention of Stores management Systems on Fast Jets which I've always noticed seems to take up as much of a DF's time as hanging around outside the puppy training class so I still have to wait to pass judgement. LOL as usual hurry up and wait.

Jag Fag said:
I'm hope that the multiskilling course teaches how to raise a LIM :D

Good England that :D

Apparently the course isnt too bad, but the w*nker, fecking nob cheese, c*nt face discips that are there trying to treat you like a two year old spoil it a little :mad:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
No Sharking!!!! said:
Good England that :D

Apparently the course isnt too bad, but the w*nker, fecking nob cheese, c*nt face discips that are there trying to treat you like a two year old spoil it a little :mad:

If the course is "Apparantly" good does that mean you haven't actualy done it, if so how do you knwo the discips are "w*nker, fecking nob cheese, c*nt faces" Bearing in mind we got rid of the GD trade a few years ago, these people are either Regt or out of trade techies and shinies. If FT's and Phase 2 trainees don't beahve like 2 year olds, they wont be treated as such!

Stax said:
If the course is "Apparantly" good does that mean you haven't actualy done it, if so how do you knwo the discips are "w*nker, fecking nob cheese, c*nt faces" Bearing in mind we got rid of the GD trade a few years ago, these people are either Regt or out of trade techies and shinies. If FT's and Phase 2 trainees don't beahve like 2 year olds, they wont be treated as such!

Oooh, touched a nerve??? Admittedly not all Discips are what Ive said above, I in fact am quite good friends with some people who used to do the job, and the reason I know is because Ive spent enough time at Cosford to be able to know. People dont behave like kids in the rest of the world, so why should they at Cosford? Thats right, because they get treated like sh*t so therefore make a point of giving it back.

The discips are indeed normally Regt or Shinies, and seeing as quite a lot of them dont like Techies, tends to answer the question of why they like to give Techies sh*t when they can. Its not Techies faults they get paid more money is it? If the other had worked harder at school then they could be techies too :pDT_Xtremez_30:

J

Jag Fag

No Sharking!!!! said:
Oooh, touched a nerve??? Admittedly not all Discips are what Ive said above, I in fact am quite good friends with some people who used to do the job, and the reason I know is because Ive spent enough time at Cosford to be able to know. People dont behave like kids in the rest of the world, so why should they at Cosford? Thats right, because they get treated like sh*t so therefore make a point of giving it back.

The discips are indeed normally Regt or Shinies, and seeing as quite a lot of them dont like Techies, tends to answer the question of why they like to give Techies sh*t when they can. Its not Techies faults they get paid more money is it? If the other had worked harder at school then they could be techies too :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I too was treat like a turd on my fitters' course at Cosford (I did my mech course at Halton and was better treat by the discips - the appos and fitters gave us a hard time though). The majority of my course were in their late 20's but treat as children by some reg/shiney CPL just out of nappies. Just waving your payslip usually did the trick to annoy them, fortunately it was just water off a duck's back to our course - we just 'played the game' (eventually).

Le Chat Noir ?