• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mull of Kintyre Disaster

It hardly seems like yesterday, but today marks the 20th anniversary of the loss of the RAF Chinook and all 29 on board.

Let's not get into the whys and wherefores of blame for the crash or the furore surrounding the way it was handled, but instead reflect on the loss of brave men who were at the forefront of tackling the terrorist threat we faced in the dark days of The Troubles.

Rest in Peace Gentlemen, my thoughts are with your family and friends at this terrible time.

Jimps

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
It hardly seems like yesterday, but today marks the 20th anniversary of the loss of the RAF Chinook and all 29 on board.

Let's not get into the whys and wherefores of blame for the crash or the furore surrounding the way it was handled, but instead reflect on the loss of brave men who were at the forefront of tackling the terrorist threat we faced in the dark days of The Troubles.

Rest in Peace Gentlemen, my thoughts are with your family and friends at this terrible time.

Jimps

Yes, I agree. I was at school with one of them. Requiescat in Pacem! Memory Eternal!

morse1001

Sergeant
One of my old COs, was CO of the Special Duties Flight and it was he who choose the crew for the sortie. He still insists that there was no pilot error as he used the best crew on the Flight.

However my thoughts go out to the family and friends of those who were lost on that day. May they rest in peace.