• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MT role in Afghan

A friend has just asked me a question and to tell the truth i dont really know the answer.
The question is, Do you guys have anyother role's apart from refuelling A/C? Do you truck up to FOB's and deliver ammo, ratpacks etc Or is that just left to the RLC?

Thanks in advance for any replys.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
A friend has just asked me a question and to tell the truth i dont really know the answer.
The question is, Do you guys have anyother role's apart from refuelling A/C? Do you truck up to FOB's and deliver ammo, ratpacks etc Or is that just left to the RLC?

Hmm Since when did MT refuel Aircraft ?

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal

And you are??????

And you are??????

I almost took the bate.

You are asking why? Because i dont post on here all the time? The goat is full of smelly guins :pDT_Xtremez_15:

I am Mr 156.

Oberon305

Chairborne
To be honest, at Kandahar it's a bunch of civvies who drive the bowsers, and at Bastion, TSW fill up the bladders and the cabs refuel from fuel point, so they don't even do that!

All they seemed to do in KAF was to take photocopies of our 600's and sit in the sun all day.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Acually I think you'll find guys and girls that the lads on TSW are although mostly made up of suppliers there are MT drivers there as well who do both jobs. ie operate the vehicles and re-fuel the AC.

Oberon305

Chairborne
Fair enough bird....I stand corrected. However, the guys running det MT seemed to be ridiculously anal about 600's. Got a little in the way of actually trying to maintain/operate aircraft!!!

I admit though that they're probably just following directives issued from above.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fair enough bird....I stand corrected. However, the guys running det MT seemed to be ridiculously anal about 600's. Got a little in the way of actually trying to maintain/operate aircraft!!!

I admit though that they're probably just following directives issued from above.

Army muppets in MT roles make our beloved RAF MT look helpful!!

Gillo

Banned
Acually I think you'll find guys and girls that the lads on TSW are although mostly made up of suppliers there are MT drivers there as well who do both jobs. ie operate the vehicles and re-fuel the AC.

Plus TSW MTDs do trips out with CLR. Watch out for Road Warriors on ITV soon and look for the Black and White Flashes on Tankers, however, no mention of RAF role.

Days to do 4 ha ha

LOL

Plus TSW MTDs do trips out with CLR. Watch out for Road Warriors on ITV soon and look for the Black and White Flashes on Tankers, however, no mention of RAF role.

Days to do 4 ha ha

LOL

Ah, so they do make trips outside the wire then. They are mingled in with the RLC i take it.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Back in 01-02 in the 'Stan. We did crazy 2 vehicle moves from Bagram to Kabul on a regular basis.

FP was a fat, dozing MTD with an L85A1 complete with iron sight & 30 rds, sitting in the passenger seat whilst the stacker drove!

Great days! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Oberon305

Chairborne
Back in 01-02 in the 'Stan. We did crazy 2 vehicle moves from Bagram to Kabul on a regular basis.

FP was a fat, dozing MTD with an L85A1 complete with iron sight & 30 rds, sitting in the passenger seat whilst the stacker drove!

Great days! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Feck me....rather them than me!!!! Big balls! :pDT_Xtremez_34:

ozzie

LAC

Days to do 4 ha ha

LOL

so true... now mention of us at all :( such a disapointment.

TSW is made up of lots of different trades, mainly stackers and drivers tho, the drivers are there to do convoys with the RLC.... although we get no mention in their TV show road warriors, you you can see a TSW CST stopped in the convoy in the second episode (aired on the 11th feb) you can tell its one of ours cause of the RAF roundal on the back left hand side of the wagon.. the lot in KAF are mostly 2MT....