• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MT get to 1984???

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Are MT vehicles getting a snooper system? There was some light up system on an astra from MT today that apparently reports transgresions back to the powers that be.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Are MT vehicles getting a snooper system? There was some light up system on an astra from MT today that apparently reports transgresions back to the powers that be.

Indeed. And it is a pile of sihte (unless you are Driving Miss Daisy). 71 on the m/way and you're red, 69 in a 30 and your green...

timaloy

Corporal
I read a thing about it at work "apparently" its because we drive MT vehicles like we stole them and they are trying to cut it down on the bad driving and crashes. Biggest offenders are the MT Drivers themselves

P

pie sandwich

Sounds far to technical for MT. Mind you they are all fleet vehicles so this probably comes from the civvy "owners" of the wagons.

Not to mention if it was a RAF/MOD addition to the fleet then the civvy Co will have a dicky fit and charge them for the vehicle, since it would loose resale value.

So your probably right, it would come from the civvy Co.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Who does this thing report to then? And how? I assume it's GPS based.

There is a download type small disk jobber by the ignition barrel like they use on tills. How frequent they use it though is anyones guess. Taking a lappy out after every journey would be cost effective though eh? ;)

squipper

Corporal
I have been reliably informed (by a RAF scuffer) that they are only interrogated after an accident. It is as much to protect the driver as it is to prosecute!!

mick-a-nick

Corporal
It has been around for years. Will also tell if you use the car for unauthorised journeys. Was initially called 'Greenfield Technology', do not know what it is called now. Used in most civvy police cars also and can be used in many ways.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mt get all 1984. So it's back to Vauxhall Chevettes and all radios removed from all motors then.

duffman

Flight Sergeant
Not to mention if it was a RAF/MOD addition to the fleet then the civvy Co will have a dicky fit and charge them for the vehicle, since it would loose resale value.

So your probably right, it would come from the civvy Co.

It came from the MoD as they self insure, cost per year is £25m+ for all accidents across the MoD, most of which involve white fleet.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Can't wait

Can't wait

As I'm colour blind I'll just ignore it as I won't be able to tell the difference.

I think the ECU can be interrogated even without this little flashing light gizmo and coppers capture the gen after a crash if they want to.

"only thirty officer" innocent driver.

"ECU says nearly 70, and outside a school, you're nicked sonny" Jobs worth copper who should be spending his time nicking proper criminals not innocent hard done to drivers.

Big Jock

SAC
Subscriber
I havent laughed so much in years, I dont know about 1984 but I have never seen so many conspiracy theories in one thread. Why dont you all just ask your MT sections to explain it to you, they are actually required to do that and have been given handouts to give to drivers when they are issued a car which has it fitted.
Greenroad are the company who are operating the system and the round disc in the car is for a driver operated key which will log him on as the driver of a journey, nothing at all to do with downloading anything. The only people who have access to the collected statistics are the MTO and maybe MTTT&L if he delegates to them. The data collected by the system is uploaded by GPRS to the company who then load them onto a secure server, this is accessed by the MTO by use of a secure password system. The RAFP should not have access to the data unless the MTO has given them the password, which he should not be doing. Too much info to give here, have a look at the website http://www.greenroad.com/ If you want to know more pm me and if you can supply an MoD or military e-mail I will send you all the info.

John

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
You can buy a jammer online that plugs into the fag lighter; only downside is you need to plug it in and unplug it at the journey starting point (point of origin and return) for the journey you might accidentally speed on

Allegedly:pDT_Xtremez_42:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Also Handy If

Also Handy If

You can buy a jammer online that plugs into the fag lighter; only downside is you need to plug it in and unplug it at the journey starting point (point of origin and return) for the journey you might accidentally speed on

Allegedly:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Very handy if you want to borrow a vehicle or caravan that may have an anti theft GPS tracker on it.

So every vehicle in the MOD fleet could be pin pointed by a civilian company at any time, nice.

Last edited: