• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mr Vice

D

dkp1

Any hints for a friends and family guest night???
Dont want to offend and laydees

DKP1

T

The Green Scopie

dkp1 said:
Any hints for a friends and family guest night???
Dont want to offend and laydees

DKP1

Don't pass out at the table :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

If you tell jokes, keep them clean and PC. There are funny clean jokes. Have a look in the 'best joke in the world thread' - there are some gems in there.

And as it's a friends and family night - avoid RAF "in-jokes" - half of your audience probably won't get it.

If the PMC has asked you to read grace (ie no padre present) - think about a grace that praises family and friends (it doesn't have to be funny!) - obvious really but nicely sets the tone.

Hope this helps - enjoy the dinner!

Get leathered up and make a tit of yourself. Especially if you are a Plt Off.

It's good career stuff.

Single stripers are teflon. You'll get a bollocking on monday morning, but that should be water off the ducks back.

All publicity is good publicity. Get a good name for yourself.

Then when you are a stalwart Flight Lieutenant or above, you can look back at what a prat you were!

All good stuff!

Drink your port before the toast, hold a long pause between ladies and gentlemen ........................................... the queen.

Rig up the table with practical jokes, fall into your desert, and don't forget to blow the punch line of your jokes half way through telling them...

Its the Mr. Vice way!

Good Luck... (Just don't VOM!)

D

dkp1

I like the thought but as a near 30 year old flying officer......(turned to the darker side:pDT_Xtremez_15: ) I may not be as bullet proof....

tag_lincoln

Corporal
Airman like behaviour

Airman like behaviour

In that case just go for it, once an erk, etc. Once you make Flt Lt people won't presume you're ex serving just a passed over Flt Lt, enjoy.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

M

maninthevan

Mr Vice......

Mr Vice......

Fellow E-Goaters...

I have been stiffed for Mr Vice at a future Ladies Guest Night and being a complete biff, I haven't got a clue as to what I am expected to do....

If anyone can give me any useful gen about the duties of Mr Vice and any handy things to make it go with a bang, I would be eternally grateful... You never know, you may even be in the crowd!!!

Thanks All..............

P.S. Lift PS's Ban, he was entertaining, in a rock sort of way......

Sorry MIAV, I moved this thread as there was already a Mr Vice thread open. Edit Wobbly.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tonibaloni

try the selkirk grace, then tell a few risque jokes

i:pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

maninthevan

tonibaloni said:
try the selkirk grace, then tell a few risque jokes

i:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Gis a clue....... 'selkirk grace'??? Told you I'm new to all this malarky :pDT_Xtremez_08:

T

tonibaloni

Selkirk Grace

Some hae meat and cannot eat.
Some cannot eat that want it:
But we hae meat and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

Robert Burns

(say it in a Jockanese accent)

M

maninthevan

Toni,

Thankyou for that, although I now fear making an even bigger arse of myself trying to speak in the 3rd world language.....

Thanks again

P.S. Bring back Penguin!!!!

T

tonibaloni

thats what I get for trying to educate some people,to drag them from the primordial soup!

come on Laarson!!
give us a hat trick tuesday!

M

maninthevan

tonibaloni said:
thats what I get for trying to educate some people,to drag them from the primordial soup!

come on Laarson!!
give us a hat trick tuesday!

Toni,

Sorry m8, wasn't being nasty.... Just meant that I am crap with accents. Have enough probs with my own.....

Honestly though peeps...... Where can I find out what the duties etc are for 'performing' Mr Vice...

Just found out, that it is the SWO's Dining out as well.... BUGGER!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

tonibaloni

I was only kidding as well, but the Selkirk grace can be delivered in any accent, it would just be a bit different. as for Mr Vice, have a chat with the CMC, see what is expected, but it normally is beholden to keep the mess members amused with a couple of naff jokes etc. then when the top table are finished you keep the crowd going until the top table have got to the bar first.

G

garvey

grace(less)

grace(less)

tonibaloni said:
Selkirk Grace

Some hae meat and cannot eat.
Some cannot eat that want it:
But we hae meat and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

Robert Burns

(say it in a Jockanese accent)

An old rowing club one I recall was:

We thank thee, Lord, for Jesus kind
Who turned the water into wine
We thank thee too, for all these men
About to turn it back again

or, as a toast:

Here's to the happiest days of our lives
Spent in the arms of other men's wives
Gentlemen - our mothers!

M

maninthevan

I like it........!!

Keep them coming...............:pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

MrCheeks

Some die from drinking whiskey,
some die from drinking beer.
Some die from Emphasemia,
and some from being queer.
But of all the great diseases there are none to compare,
with the drip drip drip of a syphylis pr*ck and the loss of pubic hair......

{Pause to take in the shocked faces.......}

Gentlemen - To the invention of Penacillin

Only for a Mr Vice wearing a Titanium vest and ear def's

S

Silverback

For a novel grace - visit the padre; if he's (she's) any good he'll have a shed load of pre-scripted chants for all occasions, usually a few jolly jape ones at that. For a good joke, get the latest FHM, NUTS, or the like and choose a not so filthy one. With all the interuptions and heckling it should last the requisite 5 minutes to get the top table served at the bar.

Most of all enjoy - unless you get up the prom ladder quickly, it may be the only time you command a dinner.

P.S. Find a crusty old senior member to enforce the fines - bottle of port for excessive heckling - or even a joke and a bottle... If the on-lookers **** you off - keep them at the table and away from the bar - enjoy the power.

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but when do you do the fines? Is that before or after the jokes or after-dinner speech? Love the rowing boat grace. Will use that one as the Selkirk Grace has been done a few times.