• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Movers

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I just read this article about an unserviceability and alleged balls-up preventing a VIP flight leaving for theatre.

Can someone describe the movements section at Brize, is it completely RAF or a mixture of Army and RAF; who manages it?

Also, if crew duty hours are at risk due to delays, do they ever warm up an alternative crew to make the slot or is it simply a manning issue?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
The movements section at Brize is RAF - the Army movers work out of Abingdon.

It would be interesting to know whether this was a Brize-led operation or not, because the delays sound very much like the sort of delays Army movs staff would be involved in...

Unable to load meals - try carrying them up the steps!

5 hr wait for a 75 yard bus trip most definately sounds like an Army-ism. I have always walked the 100 yards from Brize to my Tristar - conversely I have always been bussed the couple of hundred yards from the Tristar to Kandahar arrivals - guess which organisation runs things out there!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Better all of that than having to suffer the intolerably morose Mr. Blunt and having all of Kandahar put on 24 hour suicide watch over the Christmas period.

Mostly Ops cock-ups, but it sounds very Army to me. Especially the bit about not being able to count up to 160.

How can they possibly put 'morale boosting' and 'James blunt' in the same sentence, bad journilism that!! Katherine Jenkins though, thats another matter..., now where did I put those tissues?

That article says it was at East Midlands Airport. All the ground handling is done by the civie company that works there, not RAF movers.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Am assuming the 'Muppets' forum is the Movers. PM please if you are a grown up :)