• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Haunted at West Raynham

AndyZ

Sergeant
Tonight and for the next 7 nights Mosted Haunted are investigating hauntings at West Raynham. Any goaters who served there have any ghostly experiences there? or at any camp they have served at.
I heard that the Sergeants mess at Gutersloh was seriously haunted but never experienced anything myself.

Last edited:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
There is an old thread kicking around with some stories. clicky links thingy

But as we have some new members since then, there could be some more yarns. The phantom bus load of nurses will probably be along soon.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
None when I was at West Ranyham, except for wind up stories for anybody new to the camp who was put in Barrack Block 100, cause a Medic chopped himself in that block while I was there.

AndyZ

Sergeant
Thought a new thread would be of interest to anyone who served at West Raynham as most haunted are the live all week on Living Ch112 on sky 9pm to midnight with a preview show at 8pm on LivingIt ch114.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
The only "evil presence" I can remember from my time at Raynham was the one-eyed FS Discip!!!

J

Justacabbie

Only story I can add was in the old ATC tower where the plods were upstairs and fire section below.

Firemen reported noises coming from upstairs so called the plods who were out of the section and it was locked.

Duty plods returned to section and found nothing, but firemen insisted they heard scraping and banging noises. The last place they looked was the stationary room, but couldn't open the door. After a huge push from the plods and fireheroes the door was forced open, and all the contents of the room were pushed up against the door from the inside. The only access to the room was from that door, there weren't even any windows!

Apparently there was a very quick exit from all present! That was somewhere between 91 and 94. Any plods or firetypes recall that?

P

POW

Ok, nothing to do with West Raynham, but when i was serving at RAF Stafford we moved back into the WRAF block after it had been done up and we have a ghostly presence. Hats went missing from beds in locked rooms, a mirror broke on the wall and the duty WRAF woke up to find someone sitting on her bed only problem was there was no one there when she put the light on. It got so bad that we had to get the Padre in to bless the building.

We had heard rumours that a girl had hung herself and was still 'hanging' around.

Tedlooney

Sergeant
Again, nothing to do with West Raynham but when I was at Bruggen in the late 70s the ghost of Herman the German roamed 14 Sqn. The lineys were so sh1t scared of him they used to write messages like "fcuk off Herman" on the has doors.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm not disposed to such thoughts as a rule, but I was holed up in the officers accommodation at the weekend in Headley Court for rehab (the physical kind, I am working on the other one), which you might recall is quite a nice old gaff - Elizabethan I would say by the chimneys. Anyhow, no one at all there this weekend and could I sleep? could I hell as like, and every time i nodded off it was as if the door opened (I could almost feel it). I would slam ther lights on immediately, but nothing there at all!

I would be interested to learn if anyone else got the collywobbles there.

br9mp81

Corporal
Only story I can add was in the old ATC tower where the plods were upstairs and fire section below.

Firemen reported noises coming from upstairs so called the plods who were out of the section and it was locked.

Duty plods returned to section and found nothing, but firemen insisted they heard scraping and banging noises. The last place they looked was the stationary room, but couldn't open the door. After a huge push from the plods and fireheroes the door was forced open, and all the contents of the room were pushed up against the door from the inside. The only access to the room was from that door, there weren't even any windows!

Apparently there was a very quick exit from all present! That was somewhere between 91 and 94. Any plods or firetypes recall that?
There was always banging and stuff from upstairs,not sure about your dates,i left in late 90 and the fire section,must have finnished after that it had only been there for the SAM site,as for that F/sgt disp he had a real soft spot for rocks and fmn as i re-call.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Work Services office in the R3 Bunker at Neatishead was reckoned to have something spooky in it due to the fact it was where one of the firemen who was killed in the 1966 fire got trapped.

P

POW

Has anyone been watching this crap? I have to admit that i have and can't believe how they are turning it into a circus. They can't even getting the ranks right when trying to talk to someone and the lowest was putting someone in a Cpl's jacket in the Officers Mess. Why couldn't they have done some work before hand, even if they just learnt the ranks of the RAF.

This programme has turned into cheap tv, using a siren just to get the 'spirts' to talk to them. I have read the forum on MHL and there are alot of people saying the same.

S

spotty man

Spent 2 and a half years at West Raynham, from 84 to 86. Possibly the worst place on earth. Never met any spooks in the Guardroom (apart from 1 eyed Eric) or the Med centre, Wasn't worried when doing Jankers in eiher of the messes, but opening the Armoury in the dead of night was a real dodgy time.
The Wandering Polish aircrew was a common myth s well.

As I recall 1 Hanger still had battle damage on it from a straffing attack and that was supposed to be a scary place as well.

Nothing was as scary as 20 sqns sitat Laarbruch though, with the bit of the Seigfreid line in it.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
They can't even getting the ranks right when trying to talk to someone and the lowest was putting someone in a Cpl's jacket in the Officers Mess.

But surely the best way to tempt out the ghost of a 1940s rodney is to go into their mess inappropriately dressed!!!!