• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mosquito could be built again!

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Bill Ramsey, the project's operations director, who served in the RAF for 41 years, said the drawings weighed 67kgs (148 lbs) in total and were going to be thrown into a skip.
"It is actually probably unique in the world in that it's a complete collection of drawings for every mark and modification that was ever made to a Mosquito,"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-40873628

Well £7 million is a lot of money that could be spent more wisely but I think I would like to see one built again, should we have the skills available today

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
If one was built, It might be a money vacuum but it's a fcuking mossie. Who give a toss how much it would cost.

Entropy

Sergeant
Would. you be able to build a zero hours airframe with these plans? I think there's a couple still flying so it cannot be that expensive (relatively) to run.

Maybe the RAF could spend the 8 mil of centenary money on putting one in the BBMF.

Last edited:

ScoobTech

Sergeant
I reckon we build one evaluate it against Typhoon, f-35 come up with a loss ratio, and if that number multiplied by cost is cheaper than both of those we have a winner on our hands.

Digzster

Sergeant
Instead of having a lunch and function for the brass and MP's for the 100th celebration, how about putting the dosh into this?

After all, what's better that the sound of a Merlin engine going full bore...........two Merlins going full bore!