• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More idiocy....

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Lovely part of the world that, don't think I'd want to live that far out of town though, most of the noise would be during the working week so don't see too much complaining coming along.

Although some will, a bit like those who bought houses near Cottesmore after the Tonkas had left and the Harriers hadn't arrived.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I did 3 courses at what was then RAF Hereford and enjoyed them all. It is , as you say, a nice part of the world but a bit out of the city - i know because i walked from Credenhill to the city centre one Sunday lunchtime in the height of the hot summer of '76.... A pint in The Bay Horse half way was called for!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
The MOD have made their case and any future noise complaints should be forwarded to the county council with a note attached saying "we warned you".

I've always wanted to live in Herefordshire. It's a lovely county. I watched my sister pass out at RAF Hereford in 1980 (a Kennel Maid of all things) and I did both my GSTs there.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I can visualise this estate now.....Pacifist Street.....CND Avenue.....Conscientious Objector Close......Yadda, yadda, yadda.....
Alternatively 'Double Tap Crescent', 'Close Observation Close', 'HALO Meadows' and my personal favourite 'Poo in a Bag Whilst Your Oppo Holds it Avenue

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I wonder if MOD owned the surrounding land in the past and sold it off. You cant blame the local council as matters of national security are (probably)not their concern and noise...well the site will have to comply with the reg's like anyone else...there'll be no "but we're special, we need to make unexpected noise 24/7 and the rules shouldn't apply to us". If MOD wants total control, then they should be on a site that can emit noise without bothering folks.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My first time there (Supp 2 course in '76) i was in the block at the very bottom of the hill facing out across the fields, the block OiC was a rotten so & so with a fetish for bull nights, to the extent that one week we did a bull night every single night including Sunday. By the Monday, the lino & brass work could not have been any more highly polished after the hours we had sweated over them. Went back a few years later for GST 1 ('82?) and found myself in the same block - in the interim the b******s had painted all the brass and carpeted the floors. I didn't know whether to breathe a sigh of relief or cry!

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
My first time there (Supp 2 course in '76) i was in the block at the very bottom of the hill facing out across the fields, the block OiC was a rotten so & so with a fetish for bull nights, to the extent that one week we did a bull night every single night including Sunday. By the Monday, the lino & brass work could not have been any more highly polished after the hours we had sweated over them. Went back a few years later for GST 1 ('82?) and found myself in the same block - in the interim the b******s had painted all the brass and carpeted the floors. I didn't know whether to breathe a sigh of relief or cry!
Reminds me of Swinderby bull-nights constant polishing the floors and doorknobs. When I first arrived the floors were scuffed to hell and dull. Did't realise naively the previous tenants on pass out parade, had rushed back to exact their distain of bull-nights. Naturally when we had our pass out we too rushed back to enact our destain for bull-nights. :ROFLMAO: