• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOD/DFS Firefighter jobs?

F

fozz154

hi all
Im ex Raf fire service, served 1999 to 2003 at raf benson, i left to pursue a career in the civvy fire service but had no luck, as you all know you have to be **** hot to get in. Im trying to find information on how to get into the DFS/MOD fireservice (i know its wrong but its good money,so i remember?). or does any1 know of RAF/flying stations that have civvy/DFS/MOD fire crews? Please can you get in touch if you have any information. Any camps in england or abroad.Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon fozzy154@hotmail.com

br9mp81

Corporal
I hate to be the one to tell you this,but like the rest of the MOD the DFRS is also feeling the pinch.Any recruitment is done by a central hq,and as you've been out the job for a few years you will be up against people who have just left the RAF or may have the fire service NVQ on their side which are a big plus as it makes it a lot cheaper training wise.
On the other hand there are lots of contracter stations out there and low cat airfields but the pay's not as good,try looking at sites like firenet and places,even the ones that look like sites for anoraks may steer you in the right direction address wise.
Best of luck anyway.
icon8.gif

F

fozz154

mod jobs

mod jobs

I hate to be the one to tell you this,but like the rest of the MOD the DFRS is also feeling the pinch.Any recruitment is done by a central hq,and as you've been out the job for a few years you will be up against people who have just left the RAF or may have the fire service NVQ on their side which are a big plus as it makes it a lot cheaper training wise.
On the other hand there are lots of contracter stations out there and low cat airfields but the pay's not as good,try looking at sites like firenet and places,even the ones that look like sites for anoraks may steer you in the right direction address wise.
Best of luck anyway.
icon8.gif

thanks for thread, i know im up against it with the people leaving the services, but i have to try and see how far i can get, thanks mate.