• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minutes Silence today 22 May 18

Martin Blank

Sergeant
So they are having a minutes silence today at 14:30 in remembrance of the Manchester bombing which is a fine sentiment......
Until you realise it has now overshadowed the brutal murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby at 14:20 on the 22 May 2013 and not once has he been mentioned on any of the news programmes this morning.
Even the Defence Intranet site makes no mention of him... but reminds us to observe a silence for the Manchester victims.....
I know who I will be remembering.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So they are having a minutes silence today at 14:30 in remembrance of the Manchester bombing which is a fine sentiment......
Until you realise it has now overshadowed the brutal murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby at 14:20 on the 22 May 2013 and not once has he been mentioned on any of the news programmes this morning.
Even the Defence Intranet site makes no mention of him... but reminds us to observe a silence for the Manchester victims.....
I know who I will be remembering.

I listen to LBC and they when went to Woolwich and asked members of the public who Lee Rigby was everybody replied they had no idea. Very sad.

It comes after Woolwich Council refused to put up a rememberance plaque. The presenter said maybe they should be sent this news report.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Mawkish nonsense for political gain, endorsed by the MOD across all service establishments. I shall ensure that all personnel are aware of it; that will then conclude my personal interest in the subject.