• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

minimalist martialing

T

Tigger

Tigger, Not Mick Shevil, a C shift local. But I know what you mean!

If u know Mick ask him about the time he fell asleep in the crew room and we drew a moustage on his face. Thing is no one said a thing to him and he happily bimbled all the way to the Sgt's mess for lunch with it still on !!!!

He wasn't happy ! He went redder than normal !

Last edited:
A

Almost_done

Tigger said:
If u know Mick ask him about the time he fell asleep in the crew room and we drew a moustage on his face. Thing is no one said a thing to him and he happily bimbled all the way to the Sgt's mess for lunch with it still on !!!!

He wasn't happy ! He went redder than normal !

Mick has now taken the long walk, had enough.

G

gemarriott

Anybody spot the big bat marshalling on the Da Vinci code?

Definitely not minimalist served the batman right when the jockey ignored him, far too showy.
:pDT_Xtremez_32:

W

Wing boy

Almost_done said:
Mick has now taken the long walk, had enough.

Has he decided to bring THE LAW to the lawless??

Last edited:
R

ROTORHEAD

Matkat, thanks for the gen, Sumpy to Stacker eh!

Tigger, Doany went out of the mob fom Aldergrove. I think he settled around the Lynham area.

T

Tigger

I remember him walking into 230's crewroom, seeing prince naseem hamed boxing on tv. Jengo pipes up theres the hardest man in Sheffield, Doany replies ''fooking second hardest'' ! Top bloke.

Remember Charlie (with the scar) ? I never did find out if the story about him was true.

R

ROTORHEAD

True, too much time on Tonkas, all that swingin'. In the I.O.M. now.

matkat

SAC
Tigger said:
I remember him walking into 230's crewroom, seeing prince naseem hamed boxing on tv. Jengo pipes up theres the hardest man in Sheffield, Doany replies ''fooking second hardest'' ! Top bloke.

Remember Charlie (with the scar) ? I never did find out if the story about him was true.
Are You talking about Charlie Brown? if so then story(I think) You heard was TRUE!!! if not CB then sorry.

T

Tigger

Yup it was Charlie B all right. I heard he walked into the wobblies office in Germany and dropped the bombshell.

O

Offeh Kitt

Question...

Question...

I have to ask the Question...how many still remember doing the phantom liney dance at the NAAFI Bop??? ( on occasion of course!)

How many can still remember??? and how many can still remember the intricacies between the FGR2 dance and the F4 dance??? oooh heady days! lol

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
At Coningsby on det in the mid 90s (oh the glamour) we told by the Tonka line controller that the Twin Tub needed marshalling into a slot.

Techy (twas I) asks which slot, walks onto line, waves at Wokka and points to slot, then walks back in. I was getting an earful from said controller when he realised half the GSE was being blown across the airfield. He decided his inventoryu was more important than me and so ****ed off.

On another subject, does anyone else remember the Tonka v Chinny 'events' from MPA?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
'78, young sproggy stacker on OCU at a V Bomber base on the A15. Chiefy comes in the crewroom and says "Oi Stacker, you know how to marshall, get out there and see in our kite" I bimble out with 2 techies and they put me on the Peri track as all I have to do is wave the wands and point right onto the pan! Easy eh! So there is shiny little (17 years old) Stax waving his wands at the approaching V bomber, I then wave to my right to direct him onto Echo, he keeps approaching, I wave a little quicker, he still approaches (very noisy V Bombers) I walk backwards, frantically waving now and as the nose approaches dive onto the grass outside MEAS. As I look up at the passing aircraft, I see the sillouhette of the pilot waving at me through the little round window, and there on the tail is the 27 Sqn "Dumbo" badge, followed by the OCU aircraft that had just landed which I was meant to be marshalling, to cap it all, he just turned on to the pan himself and parked up!

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
8:15fromOdium said:
On another subject, does anyone else remember the Tonka v Chinny 'events' from MPA?

No - but remember the Tomb's used to buzz the Wokka Hangar so we'd retaliate by emptying a rainmaker onto their site. Think it stopped due to blacktop issues and corrosion!!!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

14bombhead

Marshalling.......2 things spring to mind, first was in cyprus on det with nimrods in 81 i think, nimrod flms stole a vulcan bomber and parked it on our pan, nose of the plane was in the trees just about, i guess the lads were bored, nimrods fly for hours!!! the lineys just left the vulcan there and dissapeared!, i've still no idea how they moved the thing back!
2nd incident was at marham, I was on 27 tonkas, i was walking to a has, ( i know it was a bit weird, an armourer walking!!!) an italian tonka drove onto our site, and there were no lineys!! i looked around but could see no-one, the italian pilot clocked me so i had to do something, i saw an empty parking slot so started waving at him, now anyone whos worked on a has site knows that after a few months the pilots know where theyre going and take very little notice of the marshaller, i didn't marshall often, but the bloody italian followed every single wave of my hands!! I stopped him and ran to the crewroom 2 get a see in team!

L

LeanMe

Flick-knives vs Flying death bananas

Flick-knives vs Flying death bananas

8:15fromOdium said:

Was on 78 for two of those, amazing how the Tonka Crews never seemed to warn each other about it... Got us a few cheap beers so we didn't complain!

Oberon

LAC
I remember us winning the "brakes off to 5000 ft" competition. Tomb goes first and records "x" seconds, twin tub next (with a tomb nav in the jump seat as witness). Cab lifts of pan and meanders up to 4900ft, pilot releases parking brake and pulls the last hundred feet in a couple of seconds - winner!

D

DrunkenMonki

Got run over by a Tonca's ECM pod in Canada when the pilot wasn't happy with his parking and decided to go round again as i turned to get the chocks. Well crated for that.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!
Offeh Kitt said:
I have to ask the Question...how many still remember doing the phantom liney dance at the NAAFI Bop??? ( on occasion of course!)

How many can still remember??? and how many can still remember the intricacies between the FGR2 dance and the F4 dance??? oooh heady days! lol

Been there dun it - got the teeshirt!

I also remember when at Bruggen with the tombs we had a cab away on NATO cross training at a Belgium base. During the see off, the Belgique linie was checking the BLC over the flaps. The driver airframe was waggling the ailerons at the time and chopped his arm off. Not good NATO relations. Hard boys these low country airmen, we had to chand the flap when the kite got back he had bent it.

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!
Also while at Laarbruch, my mate Bob Whymark was SNCO I/C VASF.

Quite often a couple of Fiat G91s used to drop in with a German Full Colonel at the helm of one of them.

On this occasion, a new lad was detailed to see in the VIP visitors. The keen lad asked Bob for a few useful word of German to impress the Colonel; Bob obliged.

The Ginos arrived and the new linie in push whites saw in the Colonel. After the engines stopped and the Colonel had climbed out. The young lad marched up to the VIP and threw him a quick one.

After a pause, the Colonel was seen to be rolling round the pan in fits of laughter.

The Col brought the aircraft docs to the office and announced on arrival announced "Nice one Sgt Whymark - do I sign in as Herr Haup Bahnhof?"