• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mil-EAMS

D

Deleted member 777

First impressions???

Seems a good bit of kit and does what it says on the tin. I would like it to autoprint FPL's etc (apparently it can be set up to do this, but haven't found anyone who knows how to do it yet) and an audable message beep would be nice (apparently it can be set up to do this, but haven't found anyone who knows how to do it yet)
But apart from those two minor snags; I'm more than happy with it.

I think we may have bought something good here for once, what a refreshing change!!!!

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
Is that what the new pooter in work is for? I thought it was for gaming!!!:pDT_Xtremez_21:

It's taken me until now to finally work out how to use alfens properly and now they've gone and changed it

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Its quite good. No stored PNM template I can find, but doing it in free text isn't a hardshp.

Who? Me?

SAC
Mil-EAMS

As far as the paperwork we've been given says there is no way of doing a pre-note at all, even goes as far as to say they have been discontinued.

Maybe all PNM will be faxed to ATC now? Mmmmm, cat & pigeons anyone? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Apart from that I agree it doesn't look so bad. Agree that auto-print would be nice, as would audible message but so far so good that I haven't managed to break it.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
As far as the paperwork we've been given says there is no way of doing a pre-note at all, even goes as far as to say they have been discontinued.

Maybe all PNM will be faxed to ATC now? Mmmmm, cat & pigeons anyone? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Do it in free text, all it means is that you have to get the format right, otherwise you face the wrath of the Allocator!!!

Seriously though, I've been playing with it for most of the morning and I'm impressed. I quite like the fact you can access the Met Office website direct off the menu as well.

U

urhavingalaugh

in order to get the beep you need to LPO some speakers :pDT_Xtremez_28:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Found out that little gem myself this morning.

Poundstrecher is great you know!!!!!!!

Who? Me?

SAC
Pnm

Pnm

Never thought about doing as FFM, been doing as FPL but annotating as rmk/pnm

Will have to try the FFM next time I'm in work, either that or get Lovetoad to do it when he starts up here.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Just plugged a set of speakers in. May I suggest to any of you out there going to get hold of a set, make sure the speakers have got some sort of volume control. The set I used doesn't and the alarm isn't very loud.

One way round that though, is to set the message warning to repeat every second, that way, it does make it more noticeable - but only just.

As for the Autoprint - a quick call to the helpdesk, who will update your profile and its sorted. Everything is just peachy.

Last edited:

Hmmmm

SAC
'Scuse me, but is Mil-EAMS the successor to MFMIS? If so, a little embarrassing that it only took NATS 6 months to deliver.

T

The Gimp

grrrr

grrrr

I have a brand new terminal just waiting for me to play about with it and NOW they tell me it will be the 11th before they let me get my fat fingers on it.

FOMZ seems happy with it, so it can't be that bad (I know he is a grumpy bugger around new computers) but the burning question is how many hours after I log on for the first time before I manage to crash the entire network?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
No Chaka, Ours was fitted on the Thursday and went live on the Friday morning. I believe there are a few issues with some other units - but as Hmmm said - funny how NATS delivered a working system in 6 months. Considering MFMIS was in the pipeline for longer than a long thing - you should be pleased.

or not. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

N

Northern Circuit

It was always intended that 100 prefered users would be connected initially with the rest by about sept

From what I have seen it looks like a good bit of kit, unfortunately not had chance to use it yet cos the infrastructure is not in place!!

Good job it doesn't provide any Flight Safety Critical information then :pDT_Xtremez_15:

M

mags1023

Mfmis

Mfmis

No Chaka, Ours was fitted on the Thursday and went live on the Friday morning. I believe there are a few issues with some other units - but as Hmmm said - funny how NATS delivered a working system in 6 months. Considering MFMIS was in the pipeline for longer than a long thing - you should be pleased.

or not. :pDT_Xtremez_35:
If MoD had selected the NATS/Raytheon team for MFMIS you would have had the entire suite with airspace booking capabilities within 1 year of the contract back in 2004. A very sore subject with me. Someone in MoD got a kick back or a job out of this one. RAF wanted our team to win very badly as they tested the Raytheon airspace scheduling capability. Do you all have any booking system yet?