• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MFMIS...where is it? Is it any good?

H

Hammer

The very same, having spent the last year on MFMIS, recently moved on, i cant say that EDS are the most impressive firm to be running such an important project.

P

POB

The same EDS that have won very many government contracts but have been bailed out/failed to perform on allegedly EVERY single one?

EDS have A mission planning system that has been adopted by many aircraft types, but it is not perfect and exceedingly expensive to change details on. As an example a while ago the Harriers wanted some particular NOTAM information to display with a different colour...The quoted cost was something approaching 100,000 pounds...In the end the Harriers stuck with what they had. It did get changed eventually, but only after a long wait, and many updates.

Much of the development of the AMPS has been because the system supplied was not up to scratch. Software changes along the way included things that we actually wanted, and should have been there in the first place.

Although I don't have figures to hand, I believe that the AMPA is a very small part, finacially, of EDS's government contracts...

Chaka

Sergeant
Unlike the ancient ALFENS with its standalone modem, I find it odd that some plonker decided to piggyback the Stn Intranet to run the system.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

The Stn Intranet goes wibble quite often over here in Swammpyland, so what impact will this have on Flight Safety for planning and simple things like Lates for crews taxing?:pDT_Xtremez_21:

D

DOO again

MFMIS trial

MFMIS trial

Any news on how the trial went or is going?

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
EDS are having a trouble sorting out how the web portal is accessed from the stn network. They now have a work around but it is only temporary as it won't work with DII.

T

The Gimp

Mfmis

Mfmis

Got an e-mail today telling me that MFMIS is being withdrawn and our ALFENS will be switched back on.

TOTAL RESULT!!!!

I can now go back to knowing WTF is going on before flight planning turn up half way through the working day.

Glad I didn't get rid of my favorite canned flightplans...ooopppps.

FOAs

SAC
Got the same email.
Its about time someone grew balls and told them it was all a piece of w**k!!

T

The Gimp

Fomz

Fomz

On the way pal,

It makes very good reading indeed, giggled all through my tea and cake!!

T

the goater

I received an e-mail recently that said that after considerable consideration, MFMIS is being scrapped as those in charge have realised that the IT infrastructure required to run the thing would cost too much.

Any one else heard this? It might even be true.

D

Deleted member 777

Hands up if you disconnected your TEG and its now festering away in a box somewhere. ALFENS Tech Support anyone? anyone?

T

The Gimp

Alfens

Alfens

Things are shaping up in the frozen north, my ALFENS box is beeping away to itself and printing all the info I require.

How I have missed it!!!!

All I need is to be able to write messages again and I will be a pig in sh**e.

At least my whale has been given a stay of execution, check it out at N5929.4 W01704.1. I can feel a campaign to save "the Low Flying Willy" coming on. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

C

Cunning as a Fox

It's Gone

It's Gone

Well, by now we should all have had the msg to boot ALFENS back up and dump MFMIS. RIP

M

mags1023

Mfmis

Mfmis

I was on the NATS/Raytheon team for MFMIS and we at Raytheon had a solution for Phase 2 that was already being used by the US and Swiss. No earthly idea why MoD selected EADS and not our team. Had to be political, because we had the technical solution. It was a travesty! MFMIS would have been deployed and working for you for at least 4 years by now.