• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metallica discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buphoonery

Hmmmmm .......album wise it will always be "Puppets" although I am partial to "Caught In The Act" recorded at Long Beach CA in '88 - thank God it's on green vinyl with blank white labels!!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
6. When Hetfield thanked Michael Kamen, Kamen just waved!! You would have thought he’d have thanked the musicians, seeing as they did most of the work. Why is a conductor so important anyway?

Kamen wasn't just the conductor, he wrote all of the orchestral extras to the gig (and the strings for Nothing Else Matters on the Black Album). He was instumental (geddit?) to the succes of S&M and, as far as I know, it was really his brainchild.

He did a fantastic job. Metallica played a normal concert with no real concessions to the orchestra so it was really Kamen who raised it from a normal Metallica concert (good as that is) to something special.

The only problem I have is that now, when listening to some of the album tracks, I find myself missing the orchestra.

As for choosing a best album; can't do just one.
MoP for the best of old Metallica and ReLoad for the peak of their 'mellow' years.
I almost love St Anger too, but Lars' new drum (the one that sounds like a kid kicking a dustbin) is so intrusive that I can't hear anything else::/: I never knew that one drum could have such an impact to a whole album.

Status
Not open for further replies.