• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medics Scope of Practice

D

Doobles

Morning all,

I'm a second year civvy student nurse considering joining the reserves as a medic while I complete my training.

I've had a quick butchers at the forum and run a search, but I'm still unable to find any info relating to the scope of practice of the RAF medics.

What skills and interventions do you guys have at your disposal?

Cheers,
Al

I

Iceman008

Morning all,

I'm a second year civvy student nurse considering joining the reserves as a medic while I complete my training.

I've had a quick butchers at the forum and run a search, but I'm still unable to find any info relating to the scope of practice of the RAF medics.

What skills and interventions do you guys have at your disposal?

Cheers,
Al

Hey, i'm a radiographer however i do understand what nurses get up to. However depends what type of nursing you want to do ?

I have met a few Student nurses and from what i have been told they have had a good time of things. I say go for it, im in the process of joining the Reserves at the moment myself at the Aero Med Team @ RAF Lyneham so you never know we may meet up!

I would however say talk to the TA as the last student nurse i spoke to was an officer cadet and well you aint going to get that in the RAUXFR you'll just be jo blogs however if thats all you want then good o!