• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medical Rejection Help

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice regarding a medical appeal.

I've recently sat my P2 presentation and handed in some medical forms at the presentation. I have recently received a call from my AFCO saying my application has been shut down due to medical reasons.

I said that I had been diagnosed with depression for more than 12 months, when this isn't true. I'm kicking myself for saying yes, in reality I had seen a counselor for anxiety back in 2011 following some family troubles. I was never diagnosed with depression nor received any treatment for it. My medical records simply says anxiety. The reason I said this was because the officer gave a big lecture on "honesty & integrity" being measured on all candidates during the process. I fear I've been "too honest" here and messed up. I wanted to demonstrate I have no medical issues and willing to discuss openly but its obviously a mistake!

Anyway, has anyone successfully appealed? I'm going to write a letter explaining my stupidity and I also have signed letters from my GP and counselor at the time stating that I've never had depression and that it was due to family circumstances I experienced the anxiety...also well over 12 months ago.

Any medical people on here that can offer insight? or people with experience? Chances of appeal? time scale?

Thank you

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Can I ask.... Why on earth you lied about being diagnosed with Depression if you never actually had it????..

Honesty and Integrity?

It's pretty stupid. I ticked it because I thought it was asking for mental health history, obviously this is on my record and I didn't want to be seen as though I was hiding anything...but this is being "too honest". Absolute mug.

Will this be pretty easy to fix? any idea on time?