• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medical Query

the boy

LAC
Hi Guys,

Hope someone may be able to advise on this.

Got medical coming up on saturday and this has been playing on my mind.

Had to go to the docs in feb with a chest infection. Saw the duty doctor who asked me to do a peak flow as i had asthma as a child, I blew 540 I'm 5'10'' and 12.5 stone and he said that meant i'm asthmatic. After a great deal of argument and a spirometry test it turns out , no asthma. I was pescribed a course of anti-biotics and prednisone steriods for 4 days to treat the chest infection.

Does anyone know if the steriods will bar entry as they were prescribed to clear a chest infection and not as a treatment for asthma.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tom

G

Gord

Hi Guys,

Hope someone may be able to advise on this.

Got medical coming up on saturday and this has been playing on my mind.

Had to go to the docs in feb with a chest infection. Saw the duty doctor who asked me to do a peak flow as i had asthma as a child, I blew 540 I'm 5'10'' and 12.5 stone and he said that meant i'm asthmatic. After a great deal of argument and a spirometry test it turns out , no asthma. I was pescribed a course of anti-biotics and prednisone steriods for 4 days to treat the chest infection.

Does anyone know if the steriods will bar entry as they were prescribed to clear a chest infection and not as a treatment for asthma.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tom
As a rule of thumb I would say you might be well advised to get a note from your quack stating the reason for the steroids. I had pneumonia a year or so ago and was prescribed similar steroid treatment along with anti-biotics and within a week or so I was as right as rain. I'm sure that will be the same case for you so nothing should show up on any screens but if it does, that letter from your Doc' should cover it.