• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medical eye issues

Hi,

I am aware that I probably wont get any definitive answer on the forum but I wanted to ask the question, if I had the following (rectified by surgery in 2003ish):

Leaflet 3-2: EYE DISEASES
3.2.2. The following conditions, in either orboth eyes, will normally exclude
entry
frown.png

4) Entropion or ectropion

would I be accepted? I have as I stated had the surgery to sort the issue, never returned to the doctor as it sorted the issue with no further problems. I have now come up against CAPITA, they have asked for surgical notes which have been destroyed as it was more than 6 years ago and there were no follow up appointments as the issue was resolved ( I have a letter from the legal department at the hospital stating the fact), I have a letter stating my eyes are in excellent health and no signs of this issue have re-occurred from my local optometrist and am in the process of getting a letter from the GP stating the same. Will this be enough back up if the CAPITA GP sends the information to Cranwell for review?

Surely if laser eye surgery (corrective eye surgery) is fine after 12 months (I think) then other corrective surgery should be too? (sorry for the rant).