• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medals

Noticed on the remembrance Service today all the medals personnel were wearing. Most very impressive.

one that kept on cropping up was the 'Article No 5' NATO medal... Issued for Afghan but the individuals wear also wearing the Queens commissioned Medal and Afghanistan Clasp.

Thought the rule was; you cannot wear the article No5 if you have received the Afghanistan Medal.

Aware that the Army look at it slightly differently. If you receive the Afghanistan Clasp and was awarded the 'Medal for Op Oracle' you are entitled to wear the Article No5.

Thoughts?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Off Topic

My father never mentioned anything much about his War.
He learned to fly at Moosejaw and apart from a stint in the Dover cliffs, he said very very little.

But for all I know he could have been a hero (apart from his being my Dad, o' course)
so to whom do I go to find out if he received any medals ?

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
How much information do you have on his time served?

If you have his service number, you should be able to trace any awards through the Medals Office. If you don't have that, you'll have to get it first. You can submit a request via email to JPAC, which could be viewed under the FOIA, and they should be able to give you any details held about your dad.