• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medal problem

big_dawg

LAC
Good afternoon all,
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice of what to with a medal problem I have. I was an auggie but discharged this year due to a change in my civvy job. When I was in I did a tour of the sandy place between December 10 and April 11. I have since received my ISAF medal and certificate but my squadron never gave me my campaign medal. I have been chasing it for months but getting nowhere. I recently sent off an application direct to the medals office but heard nothing back. I phoned JPAC today and spoke to a helpful man who informed me that my medal was sent to my squadron in January 2011 and gave me a batch number. Armed with this info I have fired off an email to my old squadron. My question is where do I stand if they claim they dont have it? Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks,

BD

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Speak to your old Sqn find out if it's been forgotten in someones drawer or safe.
If not call the RAF Feds some Walt has half inched your gong