• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meanwhile in London....

Allflapnofly

Corporal
TUCKER CARLSON VIDEOS ON THE STATE OF AMERICA AFTER THE GEORGE FLOYD RIOTS - Page 3 Police29
They're not kneeling anymore.....

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I’ll leave this here...

View attachment 1011631
Well that was not today. it was 18 months ago. I totally disagree with the protests and the agitators. They should be punished if they commit crimes. However, if you are going to shit stir, use stuff that if relevent, not out of date stuff you pulled off the internet. I hope I can pay my respects to the mermorial as I usually do every November.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well that was not today. it was 18 months ago. I totally disagree with the protests and the agitators. They should be punished if they commit crimes. However, if you are going to shit stir, use stuff that if relevent, not out of date stuff you pulled off the internet. I hope I can pay my respects to the mermorial as I usually do every November.
So you disagree with what they are protesting for.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can anyone tell me what happened to the rule of law in this country?
Ooo, me sir, me sir.
The rule of law disappeared when Chief Constables started playing politics without fulfilling their day jobs. Too much coming on telly saying that drug mules are poor, badly done to, misunderstood youths; and too little telling their bosses they don't have the resources to cope. Too much "yes sir we can do that", while letting sections of society go about ignoring the law.
And it's contagious, while druggies can do what they want, there's no way other groups will obey, and it'll just spiral downwards till somebody gets a grip.
And oh boy will that be painful.

Grand Prix fanatic..
So you disagree with what they are protesting for.
No I do not. However what I do disagree with is their common sense to meet up as they are endangering the lives of lots of others. The lives of you and me that could die from the virus. End of the day, our coppers are not out and out rascists. A few are, but you could say the same for some of the people on here.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Young BAME lady on the radio this morning was saying how they had tried to get the statue removed democratically, however, that didn’t work

Well that’s democracy.

I do think that statues that no longer reflect acceptable thinking could be moved to a place of safety such as a museum or similar, however, nothing in life is simple and I wonder who would decide what is hidden, it can’t be the mob.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Riots in America, Sweden, Germany and Belgium. I’m out. I’m just going to watch this insanity unfold from the sidelines and make no further comment.

unruly1986

Sergeant
I abhor racism in all forms, however if people are going to assume that I am racist based upon my skin colour, i will simply not engage with them. These protestors can’t be reasoned with and it’s a genuine shame that the water cannon were sold off.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The protests for the most parts were peaceful with a few mindless hooligans hijacking them for their own political means. The right wing media like to sensationalise everything so they reported the violence to get their readership worked up and take the focus away from whet these protestors were marching for.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The protests for the most parts were peaceful with a few mindless hooligans hijacking them for their own political means. The right wing media like to sensationalise everything so they reported the violence to get their readership worked up and take the focus away from whet these protestors were marching for.
I'd agree that I saw a lot of people simply chanting, placard waving and doing some fist raising. I was out yesterday so when I came in around 8pm'ish I flicked on the news to see what was going on and saw the live bit on Sky around those three arches. Relatively small amount of people facing off with the Police but larger crowds behind and you could see they were waiting for someone to kick it off which it did in small pockets earlier.

Looking at Social media the BML movement are going to lose this one in the UK if this carries on in this vein of socail siatance breaking and ending up in violence on the streets...When people start putting out 'crews' to protect war memorials (like in Norwich and Plymouth yesterday) you should know you are not getting your message across and instead starting a war. If there was 10,000 in London yesterday marching that constitutes 0.0015% of the population (based on their being 66.6m in the UK currently). If the was 50,000 marching throughout the UK that constitutes 0.07%. That infinitesimally small amount of people is assuming a large proportion of the UK will support them? I see an up-swell of people fed up of fighting the virus seeing others undo that good work and the minority who are kicking off, injuring Police Horses and rozzers, setting fire to stuff removing any good work carried out by the peaceful part of it.

Maybe this will have no effect on R at all but maybe it will then you re-start the clock on a form of local lock down and its not going to be hard to point the finger. I know others have gone to a beach in numbers and that's not right either but as time passes you see that it hasn't affected the stats and we are still on a downward track. The past week has seen 10-20k of people, many in the most vulnerable groups, gather, rub shoulders, breathe in each others air and sweat...I think we will be lucky if this doesn't end badly for them.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
And I see the ‘protesters’ have pulled down the statue of Edward Colston in Bristol and thrown it in the harbour. A police Superintendent has stated that the police ‘could see how hurtful it was’ so let them carry on. I find the statue of Karl Marx all ‘hurty’. I’ll be pulling that f**ker down tomorrow.
Don't worry his bust in Highgate cemetery is regularly vandalised.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How you feel about that statue is how you feel about slavery. Don't let anyone pretend otherwise.
I'll pretend otherwise.
I have no feelings what so ever for an inanimate piece of metal that happens to be shaped like a long dead bloke I never met, something bronze that could easily be melted down for some new saucepans or pub wall ornaments. I have strong feelings that slavery was wrong and it was a good day for mankind when it was abolished in the UK. There's probably a fetish for oddballs who get off by liking statues but I can't be bothered to google it.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
That’s just an arsey statement design to close down debate

I see the statue as wrong, the mob activity as wrong and racism as wrong.

Forcing your view point onto others is very wrong

Think on this

How you feel about that statue is how you feel about slavery. Don't let anyone pretend otherwise.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
The history of the world is littered with slavery and racism right from the early days. When one tribe of cave dwellers took on and beat another mob they made them slaves. India is still divided by the caste system. Africa is rife with basic tribal conflict now loosely disguised as politics. The Saudis and other Arab countries use third world nationals as 'workers' who get paid bog all, can't complain or even leave the country. China has been systematically trying to 'relocate' and 're-educate' the various ethnic groups, etc and the list goes on. Even the religious types of all beliefs are guilty of racism and slavery at some point.
Every country and religion is racist to some degree or other and it don't matter what the f'king politicians and god-botherer's say.

End of rant

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That’s just an arsey statement design to close down debate

I see the statue as wrong, the mob activity as wrong and racism as wrong.

Forcing your view point onto others is very wrong
So you must agree that the marching is right then

Grand Prix fanatic..
1591640868265.png

I do hope this person was arrested. I hope he was charged. BTW this picture was not taken in 2011. In my view that is crossing the line as that momument is for everyone of any colour whom died for this country.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I hope Priti summons Cressida to explain why her officers stood by and allowed that to happen and then hands Cressida her P45. Police chiefs shouldn't be "woke", they should do the job they're paid to do and, in case Cressida has forgotten, that is keep the Queen's Peace.