• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meanwhile in London....

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Was there any bother in the capital today?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Peaceful protests in Birmingham today.Schedule for protests for this week

THURSDAY, JUNE 4

Birmingham - Victoria Square, 4pm (socially-distanced peaceful stand-in, no marching)

Portsmouth - Guildhall, 1pm

FRIDAY, JUNE 5

Bristol - College Green, 1pm

SATURDAY, JUNE 6

London - Parliament Sqaure, 1pm

Manchester - Piccadilly Gardens, 1pm

Newcastle Upon Tyne - MOVED ONLINE, 1pm

Leicester - Clock Tower, 1pm

Sheffield - Devonshire Green, 1pm

Ipswich - Town Hall, 2pm

SUNDAY, JUNE 7

London - US Embassy, 2pm

Nottingham - Market Square, 12pm (organised independently of Black Lives Matter UK - Nottingham Activists)

Manchester - St. Peter’s Square, 2pm

Edinburgh - Princes Street Gardens, 1pm

Glasgow - George Square, 2pm

Bristol - College Green, 2pm

Norwich - Haymarket, 2pm

Coventry - Godiva, 1pm

Derby - Derby Council House, 2pm

Colchester - Castle Park, 1pm

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Add Doncaster to the Sunday list at 1pm in Sir Nigel Gresley Square .

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Was there any bother in the capital today?
From what I'm hearing on the radio there were some shootings last night and another in Willesden today. Obviously not protest related but I think I'll avoid London for a while.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was based there for 4 years [London] and the rule was never to go South of the river after dark.

I don't mind people protesting in these crazy days as long as they respect the fact that there is a virus that wants to live, spread and kill. If it helps lift a pressure pot of feeling for a couple of hours for them to then go home and carry on 'being alert' then fair enough. If they happen to hug a asymptomatic carrier in the process then take it home to someone more vulnerable then they can lament their decisions at their leisure, potentially at their bed or grave side.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was based there for 4 years [London] and the rule was never to go South of the river after dark.

I don't mind people protesting in these crazy days as long as they respect the fact that there is a virus that wants to live, spread and kill. If it helps lift a pressure pot of feeling for a couple of hours for them to then go home and carry on 'being alert' then fair enough. If they happen to hug a asymptomatic carrier in the process then take it home to someone more vulnerable then they can lament their decisions at their leisure, potentially at their bed or grave side.
But they don`t learn, they blame somebody else.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
On the BBC this morning. A nineteen year old has been arrested in London after shooting 4 people, including a 2 year old child. Nice place. Thank God we have extensive gun laws.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’m struggling with this one. I know that racism is a real thing and occurs within the UK, thankfully not as entrenched as the USA, but any amount of racism is too much racism. I know why people are expressing their views on the streets, George Floyd, the perception that no one ever listens to their concerns and so on. I get all of that but what doesn’t make sense is the apparent disregard for the serious killer that is Covid 19. If the scientists are right then old folk, diabetics, fat people and those of the BAME ethnic background are at greater risk from the virus. It is statistically a much more lethal illness to a BAME person. Yes most of those protesting are the younger element of society and therefore at lesser risk than older folk from the effects of Covid 19. But the protesters are in the main, at least on my TV, ignoring any pretence of social distancing and yes they themselves, with the shield of youth, might only get a mild flu like illness. But what about granny and granddad back home or aunty Nelly and uncle Bob round the corner. These gatherings have the potential to turn into super spreader events like the Cheltenham race festival, like Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and cause a second spike, a second lock down, a second wave of excess deaths within the very BAME community they are protesting on behalf off. I understand the desire to have your voice heard but surely not at the risk of losing the lives of your older and much loved family members.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I’m struggling with this one. I know that racism is a real thing and occurs within the UK, thankfully not as entrenched as the USA, but any amount of racism is too much racism. I know why people are expressing their views on the streets, George Floyd, the perception that no one ever listens to their concerns and so on. I get all of that but what doesn’t make sense is the apparent disregard for the serious killer that is Covid 19. If the scientists are right then old folk, diabetics, fat people and those of the BAME ethnic background are at greater risk from the virus. It is statistically a much more lethal illness to a BAME person. Yes most of those protesting are the younger element of society and therefore at lesser risk than older folk from the effects of Covid 19. But the protesters are in the main, at least on my TV, ignoring any pretence of social distancing and yes they themselves, with the shield of youth, might only get a mild flu like illness. But what about granny and granddad back home or aunty Nelly and uncle Bob round the corner. These gatherings have the potential to turn into super spreader events like the Cheltenham race festival, like Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and cause a second spike, a second lock down, a second wave of excess deaths within the very BAME community they are protesting on behalf off. I understand the desire to have your voice heard but surely not at the risk of losing the lives of your older and much loved family members.
Where were the protests against those doing the conga on the of the first may bank holiday when they were celebrating VE day and then when everyone had BBQs and went to the beach and the parks

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
And I see the ‘protesters’ have pulled down the statue of Edward Colston in Bristol and thrown it in the harbour. A police Superintendent has stated that the police ‘could see how hurtful it was’ so let them carry on. I find the statue of Karl Marx all ‘hurty’. I’ll be pulling that f**ker down tomorrow.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
And presumably it doesn't matter about polluting the harbour with a damn great chunk of bronze......

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
And presumably it doesn't matter about polluting the harbour with a damn great chunk of bronze......
I can only imagine that all the charities that he founded and which are still going today will also immediately shut down.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Where were the protests against those doing the conga on the of the first may bank holiday when they were celebrating VE day and then when everyone had BBQs and went to the beach and the parks
Is there any, and I ready do mean any relevance to this thread for this post?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The UK as a whole is a pretty tolerant place, we don’t go around killing people because of their colour, we don’t tend to have to much race based violence, we have BAME people in some senior public and private positions.

So why are people now, at a time of national crisis protesting over here, there has been trigger for such action in the UK.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The UK as a whole is a pretty tolerant place, we don’t go around killing people because of their colour, we don’t tend to have to much race based violence, we have BAME people in some senior public and private positions.

So why are people now, at a time of national crisis protesting over here, there has been trigger for such action in the UK.
I think this is likely certain activists using what happened in the States to just start smashing shit up here.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Is there any, and I ready do mean any relevance to this thread for this post?
Yes there is. People are going on about the lack of social distancing on these parades and they shouldn't be going ahead but there was a deadly silence when people celebrated VE day.
And I see the ‘protesters’ have pulled down the statue of Edward Colston in Bristol and thrown it in the harbour. A police Superintendent has stated that the police ‘could see how hurtful it was’ so let them carry on. I find the statue of Karl Marx all ‘hurty’. I’ll be pulling that f**ker down tomorrow.
Why was their a statue of a slave owner in this day and age.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Yes there is. People are going on about the lack of social distancing on these parades and they shouldn't be going ahead but there was a deadly silence when people celebrated VE day.

Why was their a statue of a slave owner in this day and age.
So your specific link to these protests, with some elements of unnecessary damage and violence, of thousands of people for something that didn’t happen over here, is the fact that smaller jovial groups broke the rules once they’d had a few.

Wasn’t the prosperity of Liverpool based on the slave trade, what with it being a handy port for travelling to the Americas.