• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mazda CX5

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone got one? Any views?

I've read the What car assessment and it seems to wear its underpants on the outside of it trousers but if thats the case why aren;t the streets crawling in them then?

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mrs Seed didn't like it, she says it is like sailing a boat and twice the cost of what it's worth. That was after a days test drive.

To be honest she was looking for a small car and ended up with a 4x4 Fiat Panda which for the price, size, economy etc... is a cracking little shopping trolley and is brilliant in the snow/ice/wet conditions you get in deepest darkest Essex.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Must be a bit down market for your neck of the woods ...

There is a lot of money in the Lakes...sadly little of it is in my pocket. Where the feck normal folk find 45k for a Q7 I don't know.

Heard last Saturday at the rugby that Landrover can't produce cars fast enough to satisfy demand and folk regularly walk into the garage and order a Range Rover Sport with upgrades...

Keyser Söze

Corporal
There is a lot of money in the Lakes...sadly little of it is in my pocket. Where the feck normal folk find 45k for a Q7 I don't know.

Heard last Saturday at the rugby that Landrover can't produce cars fast enough to satisfy demand and folk regularly walk into the garage and order a Range Rover Sport with upgrades...

Lots of 'normal' people seem to buy top end cars on PCP these days...don't know enough about these things to comment.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Crossover cars are like cross dressing.

Why???? View attachment 13482

I like the high ride combined with non-all-terrain vehicle MPG. I can see over the hedgerows on my drive through the South Lakes to and fro work each day and I get around 51mpg currently. So I get some of the advantages of the more rugged vehicles like Landover but not the added weight of 4WD or chunky tyres. They also when the seats get folded down give me the option of a shed load or boot space. Another majour one now I think of it is my drive veers down after coming over the pavement. Mrs F has incurred £350 to get her handbrake changed on her Astra CDI as it struck the lip (its one of those auto-handbrakes that only Vauxhaul can change and boy do they know that at the till). My crossover has half a foot to spare...

G

Gord

Mrs Seed didn't like it, she says it is like sailing a boat and twice the cost of what it's worth. That was after a days test drive.

To be honest she was looking for a small car and ended up with a 4x4 Fiat Panda which for the price, size, economy etc... is a cracking little shopping trolley and is brilliant in the snow/ice/wet conditions you get in deepest darkest Essex.

CX5's here come in three models ranging in price from around $22,000 to the low $30,000 range but the top of the line has all the bells and whistles you can imagine in what is considered a family vehicle. That's roughly from 12,000 quid to 17,000 quid. What are they going for in the UK?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
CX5's here come in three models ranging in price from around $22,000 to the low $30,000 range but the top of the line has all the bells and whistles you can imagine in what is considered a family vehicle. That's roughly from 12,000 quid to 17,000 quid. What are they going for in the UK?

Around 19000 to 23000 quid.

G

Gord

Around 19000 to 23000 quid.

Foly Huck Batman, you lot are being hauled over the coals aren't you?

The base price I quoted is with a 2 ltr engine and the top price was with a 2.5 ltr engine so probably a little less economical on petrol than yours which are likely 1.6 to 1.8 but the price difference between yours and mine is bloody ridiculous.

Another good reason not to move back to the UK.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Foly Huck Batman, you lot are being hauled over the coals aren't you?

The base price I quoted is with a 2 ltr engine and the top price was with a 2.5 ltr engine so probably a little less economical on petrol than yours which are likely 1.6 to 1.8 but the price difference between yours and mine is bloody ridiculous.

Another good reason not to move back to the UK.

I average 320 miles a week so I would be going diesel which have a 2.0 or 2.2 option. So what's the average wage out there like?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Aren't mazdas remodelled fords, with more extras included for the same price?

There's a few CX7s near me that have a nice look about them .

G

Gord

I average 320 miles a week so I would be going diesel which have a 2.0 or 2.2 option. So what's the average wage out there like?
Like the UK, it varies, I'm retired now and between my wife and I, she only gets state pension cos she didn't work once we were married, or at least very little, but between her and my state pension, my CPP which is a Government run contributory pension in that the more money you make the more you pay into it up to a set maximum each year, my company pension and a couple of small disability pensions we bring in around $4000/month.

When I was working I was earning $35/hr plus benefits, ie medical, dental and optical coverage and semi private coverage for any hospital visits + some other sh!te I never used.

Minimum wage however is something you cannot live on unless you put in a LOT of overtime each week or work two jobs, or at least that's the way I feel about it, I believe it's something like $10.50/hr. Of course there are also those who are making mega bucks.

G

Gord

Aren't mazdas remodelled fords, with more extras included for the same price?

There's a few CX7s near me that have a nice look about them .
They used to be but during the bank crash, Ford sold off a lot of stuff they owned, ie Volvo, Jaguar et al. At the time I think they owned something like 15% of mazda and sold all those shares back to Mazda so it is fully owned by Mazda Corp' now. My 1997 Mazda 626 was called a Ford Mondeo in the UK.

wally375

Corporal
Anyone got one? Any views?

I've read the What car assessment and it seems to wear its underpants on the outside of it trousers but if thats the case why aren;t the streets crawling in them then?

Got the Sport version and love it! 12% military discount also....loved that more!

briggfairy

Sergeant
I got a crossover around a year ago in the form of a Dacia Duster, like vim I like the high position, it can tow with no real issues and being a 15 diesel is pretty good on the go juice.

however people might not like the badge however I kind of like the no frills mentality, its just a car and does everything you want a decent sized car to do all for under 13k.

or put it this way you could get 3 for the price of the audi version