• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

marrage breakdown on posting

G

gavin

Marrage is hitting the rocks as a result of a posting apparently this isnt covered in the reasons to keep a sfa house annoyingly.

two questions really how long is the cooling off period to try and shore things up?

second how will it work as i will obviously need accom at new station not old one, so do i just get a block at new station?

also if were in the 93 day notice to get out stage and we sort things out what happens do we just go back to applying for a new sfa at the new camp.

Any help would be appriciated

KingGuin

Sergeant
Marrage is hitting the rocks as a result of a posting apparently this isnt covered in the reasons to keep a sfa house annoyingly.
JSP 464 Pt 3 refers

two questions really how long is the cooling off period to try and shore things up?
Cooling off period comes in batches of 93 days: I say batches because a
sympathetic Chf Clk can work the system in the favour of the individual.

second how will it work as i will obviously need accom at new station not old one, so do i just get a block at new station? You cannot have SFA in 2 places; you either retain SFA and move into the block full time or retain SFA move into block pending family move

also if were in the 93 day notice to get out stage and we sort things out what happens do we just go back to applying for a new sfa at the new camp. Yes see above

Any help would be appriciated

As cr*p as you may feel at the moment you are not the first and wont be the last person in this situation. Have you spoken to your Chf Clk? Just because you are posted does not necessarily mean you have to vacate SFA: I can think of half a dozen cases at my Unit where cases have been presented through Chf Clk/OC PSF to allow a family to retain SFA after the licence holder is re-assigned. That aside, you may be able (if you have reasonable grounds known as SISDAH) to change your posting.

A word of caution. If your difficulties are caused, for example, becuse your spouse does not want to leave a well paid job (rightly or wrongly) do not expect much sympathy.

Good luck

G

gavin

The vast majority of the issue is she will have to leave a uni course and job and due to large periods of sick this year (currently on return to work for a back injury) so is neigh on unemployable and will not be able to transfer her course due to work based element.

Unfortunatly the posting is on promotion so its take it now or i'm out of the raf in 24 months due to end of contract.

Seems a bit like end my career or hers at the mo, such joy to be promoted

KingGuin

Sergeant
Firstly congrats on being selected for promotion. Many aspire but not all are chosen. You have a choice to refuse it and with 24 months left you'll still have a chance to remain competitive. I believe your options are:

1. Accept promotion. Live in. Present case to retain SFA.
2. Refuse promotion and gamble you are not longest in location of due reassignment anyway.

You seem to be accepting of something you believe to be inevitable. Get yourself to the Chf Clk first thing Monday, without doing so you cannot make an informed decision. Oh and welcome to the GOAT.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
and of course there is the choice between your career and your marriage. A word of caution though - the RAF wont wipe the dribble from your denchers when you are old and infirm, nor will they kiss you goodnight.

If you both want a marriage then I would suggest you stay put and see your time out - if you only have 2 years to do then its unlikely the RAF will try and post you against your will.

Good luck whichever path you choose.