• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Manston Medical Centre

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Just out of interest, are there any Firefighters out there who have experienced poor service from our Army colleagues after the closure of the medical centre at Manston?

Gillo

Banned
Just out of interest, are there any Firefighters out there who have experienced poor service from our Army colleagues after the closure of the medical centre at Manston?

When did that happen? Great shame as the RAF run Med Centre was first class and even took my family on as patients. Posted out 2005.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The med centre finally closed its doors in December of last year. A great shame as it was an excellent place to work on a fantastic camp. Staff now have to travel a goodly distance to an Army camp in order to get seen which is a drain on resources and effectively buggers up recruits training. Apparently it saved money.............hmm.

Gillo

Banned
The med centre finally closed its doors in December of last year. A great shame as it was an excellent place to work on a fantastic camp. Staff now have to travel a goodly distance to an Army camp in order to get seen which is a drain on resources and effectively buggers up recruits training. Apparently it saved money.............hmm.

Hope you are not DFS but getting rid of the 'Black Mafia' would also save a lot more money.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
God no! (makes sign of the cross). I was the poor bugger sat in an empty medical centre in December feeling very, very ****ed off!

skevans

Flight Sergeant
From my personal experience it hasnt made a great deal of impact. It's a problem when a student comes in with an 'iffy tummy' and then looses half a days training to go to the Army medical centre, but as permanent staff I either go to Tesco's or the A+E in margate.

I do miss the extra blue suits around the place though.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Not as much as I miss the quality of life, excellent facilities on your doorstep and the camaraderie between all the permanent staff!