• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Management of bond assets

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Can any of you supply gods point me in the right direction where I can find reference to the conrol and management of assets in bond. I have searched and searched around the JSP 886 and bugger me cant find anything at all. Thanks in advance.

See, you don't know everything!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I would love to help but the 886 is virtually impossible to navigate unless you already know what to look for. As you know I am always using it...... NOT!!

How is the new job, still having fun?

Glad I could help.

C

cransupp

RAF Bird,

Repman procedures, including bond, has moved out of the 886 and can now be found withthe MJDI User Guides and Operation Manual (Section 8, On unit Repair Process)

You can find the MJDI guides by searching for "MJDI Resouce Library" on the MOD Intranet, the resource library page has a link to the guides

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
RAF Bird,

Repman procedures, including bond, has moved out of the 886 and can now be found withthe MJDI User Guides and Operation Manual (Section 8, On unit Repair Process)

You can find the MJDI guides by searching for "MJDI Resouce Library" on the MOD Intranet, the resource library page has a link to the guides

Yeah found this but doesn't have any actual formal direction as to how to control assets held in bond... timescales, hastening, etc etc. There is also a link to the old U/T leaflets in the SCCS link from the intranet which pretty much says the same as the MJDI guide. Have printed them off for a spot of night time reading!! Yey! :)

SP, I am loving the new job. It's good to go into a new environment which needs some TLC and make it my own.... are you all missing me?? Course you are. ;)

UE, I'm pretty happy with how to sort it all out but just want to know what the specific guide lines are before I start throwing my weight around. Any guideance that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Welove31

SAC
Yeah found this but doesn't have any actual formal direction as to how to control assets held in bond... timescales, hastening, etc etc. There is also a link to the old U/T leaflets in the SCCS link from the intranet which pretty much says the same as the MJDI guide. Have printed them off for a spot of night time reading!! Yey! :)

SP, I am loving the new job. It's good to go into a new environment which needs some TLC and make it my own.... are you all missing me?? Course you are. ;)

UE, I'm pretty happy with how to sort it all out but just want to know what the specific guide lines are before I start throwing my weight around. Any guideance that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Look at you...Reading JSP's and the like!! From what I remember u didnt need much encouragement to throw your weight around . They won't know what's hit them! Lol

Stax

Flight Sergeant
The fact she can find a JSP surprises me?? In the past she just batted her eyelashes and flashed her tongue stud and the lads did it for her.

Take care babe.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I am glad this question has been asked, I am having problems managing the Aston Martin DB5, Little Nelly gyrocopter and Submersible Lotus Elise. I mean who gave the watch with the Laser beam fitted the same NSN as the one with the super strong magnet and garrot wire, just a different part no makes it so difficult. And the amount of chits that 007 returns after he claims he's lost it is ridiculous, it doesn't help that dozy bint of an OC SCAF, Flying Officer Moneypenny lets him get away with it. Rant over...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Sorry couldn't resist he he:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I'll get my coat:pDT_Xtremez_42:

I am glad this question has been asked, I am having problems managing the Aston Martin DB5, Little Nelly gyrocopter and Submersible Lotus Elise. I mean who gave the watch with the Laser beam fitted the same NSN as the one with the super strong magnet and garrot wire, just a different part no makes it so difficult. And the amount of chits that 007 returns after he claims he's lost it is ridiculous, it doesn't help that dozy bint of an OC SCAF, Flying Officer Moneypenny lets him get away with it. Rant over...:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Now thats funny !:pDT_Xtremez_30:

If you have a problem or require guidance contact the MJDI Business team at Boscombe Down. If you are unsure how to action the transactions on the MJDI system try using the UPK help. It is launched from the Help menu then click on the Help UPK option.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
The fact she can find a JSP surprises me?? In the past she just batted her eyelashes and flashed her tongue stud and the lads did it for her.

Take care babe.

Ha ha I'm all over the JSP. Have spent the last day and 2 evenings reading bits of the bugger now that I'm finally grown up enough to understand it. ;) and ssshhhh no-one here knows I've got my tongue pierced. I'm a good girl these days... I take it out for work! :)

ha ha I like. Was looking forward to the 007 mentions when I posted this thread. :pDT_Xtremez_19:

If you have a problem or require guidance contact the MJDI Business team at Boscombe Down. If you are unsure how to action the transactions on the MJDI system try using the UPK help. It is launched from the Help menu then click on the Help UPK option.

I'm good with the MJDI stuff I literally just wanted to know how it's supposed to be controlled. Say for instance something comes in waiting manpower when are we supposed to start pushing that to the bay or does it just sit there for months?? If you stick your PPS with the kit where it's located or if other units have seperate PPS locations which we currently have but I wonder if they would be better located together with a list of everything it is waiting so it's easy to have a quick visual check what it's still waiting on, etc. I am happy with the basics of it. I'm not interested in empire building just wanting to make mine and the lads lives easier.

Kim Wipe

Corporal
I don't think there's anything written to do with PPS, but similarly with serviceable stock in bond, I'd keep the whole assy (PPS and all) together but RIC'd under their own NSN's.

Everything we have in bond has an A4 sheet stating Snow, ADF/LIM, Name of engineer who placed it in, date placed in, trade etc. It means when they come and ask for the items we can gather them up and hand the whole lot to them. It's a pain to GIC everything individually but it prevents the old 'where's my kit' when each item is individually held in safe custody.

Weekly I send a list of items in bond to the relevant trade (or bays in your case) with a box for their own comments. You'd be amazed how many times they come back with 'NLR' which allows you to bang the kit straight into stock.

The F700 check (if done correctly) alleviates the build up of bond for aircraft engineers, but as someone who had very little to do with our civvy run bays I can't really advise you on that aspect.