• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

M6 Toll Road

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Be aware troops that, as from today, you need a pass to get free access to cross the toll road in white fleet. Paperwork is not good enough. I mention as I have a fiver JPA claim going in. Not seen much from MT on this one..

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I saw something on the station web page (here in the midlands!) about it recently.

Apparently MT will issue the cards and ensure proper use thereof...

You would think that they don't trust us!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

HTB

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Just out of (mild) interest. It is unlawful for anyone to charge a toll to permit a military vehicle to use a road, bridge, or tunnel. The Armed Forces Act 2006 Part 17 Miscellaneous contains this little nugget:

Exemptions from certain civil matters

349 Exemption from tolls and charges

(1) No toll or charge within subsection (2) is payable in respect of a vehicle which—

(a) belongs to any of Her Majesty’s forces; or

(b) is in use for the purposes of any of those forces.​

(2) A toll or charge is within this subsection if it is payable—

(a) for passing over a road or bridge, or through a tunnel, in the United Kingdom or the Isle of Man; or

(b) under a scheme for imposing charges in respect of the keeping or use of vehicles on particular roads in the United Kingdom or the Isle of Man.​

That said, I wouldn't advocate steaming up to an M6 Toll Booth with the attitude of 'Sir/Madam let me pass or you will be committing an offence under Section 349 of the Armed Forces Act 2006'. Probably better just to get one of the pass thingies from MT.

Thinking about it, I wonder how this works with the London Congestion Charge? :pDT_Xtremez_40:

Last edited:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
.....Thinking about it, I wonder how this works with the London Congestion Charge?..

According to your research, you should be able to blast around central London "if on duty" for absolutely free.

If they send you a ticket, post back a photocopy of the relevant Act, job done. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

duffman

Flight Sergeant
That said, I wouldn't advocate steaming up to an M6 Toll Booth with the attitude of 'Sir/Madam let me pass or you will be committing an offence under Section 349 of the Armed Forces Act 2006'. Probably better just to get one of the pass thingies from MT.

Pffft a real liney would. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I have had no problem with the Dartford Tunnel on my travels, just slap the paperwork on the counter and wait for the barrier to go up. Been a month or so since crossing but due again this month so will have to see what happens. We have only just binned the Dart Tags