• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lyneham - The Future of the C130 Klassic - 'Defence Industrial Strategy' White Paper

• Thread starter SirPeterHardingsLovechild
  • Start date
S

SirPeterHardingsLovechild

This is how rumours start.

Defence Industrial Strategy

A 145 page White Paper

Early on it mentions the 'Out of Service Date' for the C130K as 2008

But way down on Page 85, para B4.10: "....C130K came into service in 1968 and the current fleet, which comprises 25 aircraft, is planned to be phased out from 2008.

'...from...'

One little, ambiguous, non-committal word.

And a large group of people are none the wiser. They expect loyalty?

Already the rumour is that we are scrapping the K's in 2008! I was whispered this on Friday, but this is where the rumour originated from.

My guess is that there's life in the old dog yet. And on a personal note, my fingers are confidently crossed!