• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LSAP Problem

Fellow Goaters - I'm hoping that someone out there has either the experience or the knowledge to help me out

I've applied for LSAP, but due to me both being Permently downgraded (due to sustaining an injury whilst in Iraq 2008 which simply means that I don't do the MSFT and I'm unfit to kneel down) and Temporary Downgraded (had my 3rd Op in Oct 2011 to try and cure the perment downgrade), the Sqn Ldr Medical Officer has refused to sign the LSAP paperwork on the grounds that he/she can't "in good proffesional faith" believe that I will get better/worse.

I have already been sent to the Employment Review Board (I'm TG4 Cpl by the way) who are happy for me to remain in the RAF, in my current role/trade - the only negiative is that if I am lucky to get promoted to Sgt I would not be able to sign on to LOS30

Now the LSAP paperwork says that if I'm to be medically discharged that I must pay the money back from my medical settlement/pension which I'm more than happy to do, and have signed a waiver stating this - but why can't the Doc sign the application??

Any help would be grately appricated - I've told my wife that the house she's set her heart on is slipping away our grips because of one individuals refusal to sign the paperwork

In case of the Spelling Nazi's picking up on bad grammer/puncuation - I'm that angry at the moment that I can barely see straight

unruly1986

Sergeant
Get in touch with JPAC and ask for someone from the LSAP team to get in touch with you (give a few phone numbers). They are VERY good and sorted me out when I had a question. Maybe they can fax you further information to backup what you are saying and explain that the paperwork CAN be signed. If it comes in an official letter from them then you could show this to the SMO.

Get in touch with JPAC and ask for someone from the LSAP team to get in touch with you (give a few phone numbers). They are VERY good and sorted me out when I had a question. Maybe they can fax you further information to backup what you are saying and explain that the paperwork CAN be signed. If it comes in an official letter from them then you could show this to the SMO.

Cheers for the advice, I rang JPAC and they told me to got through my Flt Cdr (who luckily for me is an ex-WO), who has passed me to my unit OC HR, who agrees with me that JSP 752 chap 2 part 4 agrees with me that the UMO is
confirming that I'm fit to complete the length of service which I'm currently signed up for. If they beleive that I
should be medically discharged, then I'd be entitled to at the least a pay out for completing over 12 years service (I've completed 17 1/2 years), and possibly a medical pension as well as a few other bits and bobs as well

I've also checked out the Redundancy calculator - and it's very tempting to put that in, if the figures can be believed,here's hoping that TG4 is on this round of redundancies, unlike last time