• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie Vass - Reunion

230Tiger

Sergeant
Anyone (or know anyone who) served on the VASS back in 1984 - 88? A rediscovered friend from that era is trying to organise a reunion for all the old mob from then in September.
If you served on it or know someone who did can you PM me and i'll let you know what's happening.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Anyone (or know anyone who) served on the VASS back in 1984 - 88? A rediscovered friend from that era is trying to organise a reunion for all the old mob from then in September.
If you served on it or know someone who did can you PM me and i'll let you know what's happening.

Coco, Gus, the feeding of the Tonka, The Andover in the Lamp post, George having the FS's finger, saying next time you point that at me, I'll bite it off! LOL

230Tiger

Sergeant
Okay, putting this thread back into focus

Calling; Stu C, Ken T, Mick B, Steve "T.V", Steve L, Gus, Phil D, Neil W, Dave M, Andy H, John G, Ady W, Kev C, Steve R, Dougie P, Jim S, "Doris" Day, George T

Where are you guys? If you're out there get in touch, sprog is organising a reunion in Sep.

Big or small.jpg

Grand Prix fanatic..
I can tell you all about that one.

So can I...

Same person who fed the OEU Tonka its ERU pins..

As for Gus, he has been out twenty years.. Saw him at Lossie, doing resettlement when I was on my Jag Q course!

Who remembers trying to tow the Argosy to the burning area, one early spring Friday.. Dicke*d orders " Move the Argosy!", Ian replies "Its been raining for 4 days!", Dick---.."Do it". One hour later all of VASS / MCSF personnel are called over, transported to the Argosy to dig out the "Tug Master" that has sunken up to its chassis on the quarmire of the ground between the taxiway and the wreck. Watching the other tug and the regiment AFV trying to pull it out was funny! The tugs winch was pulling it along with the blade plough down making lovely deep forrows! LOL
Was absolutely caked in mud after we dug out the channels and laid the boards to get it out!
What a surprise! The Argosy wasn't moved that day! LOL

I was also there for the F16 incident too..

Last edited:
remember driving my dads big merc up for gus's wedding. Last saw him at Scampton whilst on TMT2. Trying to figure who you are though?

Grand Prix fanatic..
remember driving my dads big merc up for gus's wedding. Last saw him at Scampton whilst on TMT2. Trying to figure who you are though?

You last saw me in 2004, cos I was good mates with Col R on my first tour in MCSF and he was back in there and I was up with 6. I used to work in the structure components bay under the infamous Bugle! Gus got the sack by Dickhe*d or Ian after the Andover incident and sent back to the wheels. He went on a JMC bay support det with Lossie Mick, Derek J and myself down to Newquey.... He was on heat down there... and his room had an intercom to the hotel bar.. That was funny too! Yeah, I remember his missus then, but blokes got married quick there, divorces were just as quick. I saw Derek out in Oman on the last Jag Magic Carpet. I was fixing a birdstrike in the airwork hangar and talking to an old Jock about things in general , and he mentioned he had been at Lossie on 8.. and MCSF before that in the mid 80s... I realised who he was!!

This event is now growing arms and legs. We now have a golf tournament in the process of being organised. More details to follow. I do'nt have any bats so will not be playing, will caddy for a donation though.