• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie exercise

dctyke

Corporal
I see in the news that Lossie starts a four day exercise tomorrow 21st including ground exercise. Is it like the exercise of old? No one goes home, goon gear, everyone armed and mass arming of aircraft or have those days long gone.

Not likely, I suspect from what I read it will be testing contingency plans such as crash response or power/comms outages. Not heard of an exercise of the scale your talking about for decades.

4everAD

Sergeant
Not likely, I suspect from what I read it will be testing contingency plans such as crash response or power/comms outages. Not heard of an exercise of the scale your talking about for decades.
They've been happening, NATO Capeval at Leeming was very similar to the old style Tacevals.

They've been happening, NATO Capeval at Leeming was very similar to the old style Tacevals.
I stand corrected. A quick Google shows 135 EAW did a Capeval at Leeming in 2020. The RAF article about it says it had been a decade away from the program . 1 unit exercised in 14 years, not sure we can handle the pace!

4everAD

Sergeant
I stand corrected. A quick Google shows 135 EAW did a Capeval at Leeming in 2020. The RAF article about it says it had been a decade away from the program . 1 unit exercised in 14 years, not sure we can handle the pace!
I was there with TCW as part of the A6 element, believe me it was most harrowing having to spend time in the fresh air!

fourteen2two

Corporal
I remember monthly 3 day exercises at Laarbruch 78 to 81.
Same at Wildenrath 74 to 76 with 3 x 2 week Harrier camping holidays annually. Joys of Sennelager. :( Did get a 4 tonner to drive though!
As a singly on that tour no food charges for 2 weeks and you didn't spend much.