• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LOS 30 - only got 6 years extension... feeling robbed...

James86

LAC
Hi all,

Just signed on for LOS 30; I was expecting an 8 year extension calculated from my 18th birthday. I got 6 years extension as it was calculated from when I joined up (I was 16 and did the '2 for the Queen'). When I queried it, I was told this this new service calculation method was adopted as a result of the NEM. When I asked other people who got promoted around the same period, they have got the 8 years, despite service prior to 18th birthday.

One would like to think that manning have got this correct, but cant help feeling robbed of 2 years...

If my service is calculated from the day I joined, then why is my 75' pension not calculated for this 2 year period also or is that a completely separate thing again... I realise the AFPS15 includes all service.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Pre 18 service was always know as done for the queen.

I always thought this had changed back before I left, which is some time ago now.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Hi all,

Just signed on for LOS 30; I was expecting an 8 year extension calculated from my 18th birthday. I got 6 years extension as it was calculated from when I joined up (I was 16 and did the '2 for the Queen'). When I queried it, I was told this this new service calculation method was adopted as a result of the NEM. When I asked other people who got promoted around the same period, they have got the 8 years, despite service prior to 18th birthday.

One would like to think that manning have got this correct, but cant help feeling robbed of 2 years...

If my service is calculated from the day I joined, then why is my 75' pension not calculated for this 2 year period also or is that a completely separate thing again... I realise the AFPS15 includes all service.
Do your "22" qualify for your 75 and get out. No reward in loyalty anymore mate.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
All my LOS extensions 30, 32, 35, 35+2 have been from aged 18, now out day before my 55th b'day. Last time I signed on was 3 years ago if that helps

4everAD

Sergeant
All my LOS extensions 30, 32, 35, 35+2 have been from aged 18, now out day before my 55th b'day. Last time I signed on was 3 years ago if that helps
Did you get the 35+2 automatically as 'compensation' for the 2 years we lost swapping to NEM?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

When did you join?

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Did you get the 35+2 automatically as 'compensation' for the 2 years we lost swapping to NEM?
No, I had to ask for it - they were short of people at the time so no brainer. But yes, it gave me back what NEM took away!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Signing on to the LOS 32 it changed mine from my 18th to the day i joined, I joined at 17 1/2, Its NEM so lost out, i also lost out on the 20K by signing on for LOS 32!!!! I've just had a years extension, LOS 32+1, its also from the day I joined.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Signing on to the LOS 32 it changed mine from my 18th to the day i joined, I joined at 17 1/2, Its NEM so lost out, i also lost out on the 20K by signing on for LOS 32!!!! I've just had a years extension, LOS 32+1, its also from the day I joined.
were you on 05? I wonder if staying on 75 had anything to do with it?

ERT

Corporal
Are we still kicking out LOS32 these days, or are we extending out to age 60 under NEM?

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Age 60, because of a 100% guaranteed offer to officers has proven to be expensive and ineffective. Your subordinate wants your jog, and the treasury wants the enhanced pensions stopped.