• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest Serving (Oldest) Bar Steward

F

Fablon biff chit

What are the first four digits of your service number? Not including the letter. If you don't have a letter, you needn't bother posting anyway ;)

I saw a Sgt Aircrew a week or two ago with 8550....

Mines 8505. There are still people serving with 81xxxxx numbers!

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
im 8446. but can someone explain the how the numbers work. as im sure i have known people with lower numbers but they joined up after me and vise-versa!!!!

M

monobrow

im 8446. but can someone explain the how the numbers work. as im sure i have known people with lower numbers but they joined up after me and vise-versa!!!!

I know a bloke who was an oggie... Service number starts something like A2653.....

Birds used to have different service numbers as well.

N

nashetho

my oggie number was d2664 and am just a wee whipper snapper! :pDT_Xtremez_40:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Mine is 8424. The earliest first 4 for anyone I know still serving is 4286.

We are all officially old farts now anyway, because all new recruits (officers and airmen) have a service number that goes 3000XXXX, with no letter.

denthemen

CAMRA Researcher
Mines 8019 but likewise thats an appos number.

Off Topic slightly as we are having fun with numbers...

I remember my first pay parade @ Swinditz and there was a young unfortunate called Bond in our entry......yes, you've guessed it.

Sgt(paymaster): Name?
Bond: Bond
Sgt: Last 3?
Bond: 007
Sgt: You taking the fcuking **** lad!! etc etc
Bond: No Sargeant, here's my ID!

Someone at Innsworth must have had a sense of humour!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
There are a few Bond 007s knocking about, they must keep the last 3 of 007 for those individuals

They certainly did, it happened far too often to be a coincidence! I also know a handful of medics and coppers with a last 3 of 999.

Sadly, new service numbers are now automatically allocated by JPA and the damn thing has no sense of humour.