• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hitting the Smoke tomorrow primarily to go to the RAH in the evening but it does mean I have half a day to fill.

Anyone been in this December so far? Anything particuarly Christmassy worth doing/seeing. I'm trying to avoid just ending up in Covent like I always do touring the bars!

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hitting the Smoke tomorrow primarily to go to the RAH in the evening but it does mean I have half a day to fill.

Anyone been in this December so far? Anything particuarly Christmassy worth doing/seeing. I'm trying to avoid just ending up in Covent like I always do touring the bars!

Will you be on your Todd Vim, or will you have your folks with you? There's Winter Wonderland on the East side of Hyde Park, near the tube station, which is a mahoosive German-style market (think Lincoln but much bigger and better) which has stalls, ice rinks, bars, food, etc. It covers a decent percentage of the area of the park and is worth it. You also have Somerset House near The Strand which has an ice rink and bars, etc. There's another Xmas market on the South Bank as well, near the Eye. All of these are free to enter and all worth a couple of hours or so.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Will you be on your Todd Vim, or will you have your folks with you? There's Winter Wonderland on the East side of Hyde Park, near the tube station, which is a mahoosive German-style market (think Lincoln but much bigger and better) which has stalls, ice rinks, bars, food, etc. It covers a decent percentage of the area of the park and is worth it. You also have Somerset House near The Strand which has an ice rink and bars, etc. There's another Xmas market on the South Bank as well, near the Eye. All of these are free to enter and all worth a couple of hours or so.

I have that ball and chain with me and this sounds good as hotel not far from there.

zofo

LAC
Vim,

Took my good lady and myself to Winter Wonderland today, and to be honest was not too impressed with it, okay if you are on your tod and want to get lashed on the plentiful bars on location, but to be honest to pay 4-5 quid for a pint or 5 quid for a bratty was all there was on offer really. The attractions there do not take cash so you have to buy tokens for the day, and the ice rink had sold all tickets for the day and we got there at 2pm, and at a quid a token some of the rides on offer were in the region of 6 to 7 tokens per person etc...

Whenever me and the Mrs go to town we try to avoid good ol Covent garden and head for Camden lock and the market that is there, always a good day out and within spitting distance of Euston station for a hotel for the night. And also take a left out of Euston station and walk down the road for about 200m and there is a pub called the Rocket, been going there for years during my 28 years in the mob and it has never really changed and the food is good aswell.

Zofo