• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lockdown - No1 Peeve

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Coming up to nearly 6 weeks of lock down what‘s been your number on peeve.

My own is people stopping to talk on pathways, blocking the way because they stand 2m apart and forcing people to walk around them, even more so when they do it at an intersection and block 2 routes.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
That the last 4 years of my Senior Managers espousing the virtues of Operational Excellence and the need to empower decision making to those who have the right skillset and knowledge has been shown up to be a paper mask worn by weak managers who fail to make decisions and allow nepotism to overrule practical solutions that work.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The path thing gets me too - why stand opposite chatting and make people walk between you, stand on same side 2 metres apart. Simples.

4everAD

Sergeant
How my local CO-OP shop has all the signage and floor markings for social distancing and then the staff and customers completely ignore it!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Where to start??

Social media - The utter cockwombleness of some people who will share any old sh1t and commenting 'oh my God what now!'. A few seconds of googling disproves just about all of them but the feeble minded feed the feeble and before you know it there's a panic going on.

The lack of an anti-body test - I think PHE would be surprised by the results if they managed to produce enough of them...C19, I believe, has been around for a lot longer than they seem to believe and there is immunity out there which might help with un-lockdown planning.

The MSM - Desperate to fill voids in their 24 hour programming when nothing much else is going on and the adults are all quite busy...they end up interviewing each other and broadcasting more opinion than news.

Shoppers who panic (partial acknowledgement of some earlier points on social media and MSM hysteria causing this). Shops were never designed for the 2m rule and without losing entire product lines and much of the choice by removing entire aisles (something Asda et al could have done but never did) we are going to occasionally get within 2 m of each other for very short periods of time...But I am out and about because I appear symptom free...if not I would be at home and relying on neighbours etc. I am also not coughing like a ba$tard and not licking you. If you are so scared of everything perhaps get an online slot?

Drivers - The roads are quiet...this does not mean you are entitled to spank your car at every opportunity because there are a shed load more families cycling and walking on the sides of roads and you are increasing the chance of totalling them because you think you are Lewis Hamilton.

My liver - FFS I've given it employee of the month for April and still it complains.

Well I feel better for that....