• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lights Out

dusty362

SAC
The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime,
These are the words spoken by the foreign secretary of the time on the 4 August 1914.
LIGHTS OUT is an initiative encouraging everyone to turn off their lights between 10pm and 11pm on August 4th 2014 – leaving only a single light or candle for this symbolic act of reflection and hope. In BF(G) we will be doing this local time. You can do this in your own quarters or see if there is a local event in your area. The important thing is that we commemorate and remember the sacrifices made by so many.
I have an electronic pack for those that wish to organise their own vigil.
The Royal British Legion Paderborn Branch will be open on this evening for those that wish to join us.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I think this is a great idea and needs taking up properly.
If you'll send me a pack I'll have a word with the OC of my local spacies.

dusty362

SAC
The Poppy Inn, Dempsey Barracks, Husarenstr, 33104 Paderborn Sennelager, will be open from 9 p.m. on 4 August 2014. The lights will go out at 10 p.m. local time.

There will also be a vigil in the Roman Catholic Church, Normandy Barracks beginning at 11 p.m.

For those in other stations you can check with your local GIO if there is a vigil being organised near you.