• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Light Armour

Red-Rock

Sergeant
For any of you out there lucky enough to have served on one of the illustrious Light Armoured Sqns in the heyday of the Cold War you might be interested to know that for a reasonable fee you can get your grubby grease stained mitts on a peice of history. Whilst Googling around I found [URL="http://www.marcusglenn.com/vehicles.htm]THIS"]THIS[/url]site selling military vehicles. A snip at 7.5k don't you think.

We just have to make sure that PS doesn't get his hands on one. Imagine one of these turning up outside your local bop.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ohh Nice tank...Does it come with storage for ones gas mask and bang-stick? :)PDT_Xtremez_15: )

Last edited:
P

Pan Warrior

Red

Red

is that the only colour, does it have sat nav, whats the gallons per mile...:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Vagabond

Sergeant
One of the many reasons I joined our illustrious Corps was the Armoured role. When I passed out they feckin binned it! Straight onto Rapier, feckin gutted!!!!!!

O.C House wants to get an old VW camper in the near future, wonder what she would say if I pulled up in this, do you reckon I'd fit a couple of Bernese Mountain dogs in the back?

Goaty

Corporal
If you'd joined up as an Armourer you could still be driving them now.....

is that the only colour, does it have sat nav, whats the gallons per mile...

Sat Nav = Commander with map
MPG = about 4.5 ish.....

Last edited:

Red-Rock

Sergeant
One of the many reasons I joined our illustrious Corps was the Armoured role. When I passed out they feckin binned it! Straight onto Rapier, feckin gutted!!!!!!

O.C House wants to get an old VW camper in the near future, wonder what she would say if I pulled up in this, do you reckon I'd fit a couple of Bernese Mountain dogs in the back?
I was fortunate that my first posting was the Big Red 1 (LA). Started off on L/R Recce section then a grunt in the back and then driver. Best 2 out of the 3 and a half years on the Sqn was with the armour. Loved it. Harrier Exs at Senne and Soltau were great fun. I miss my tanks. When we got rid of them I nicked the vehicle Ident plate from the inside. You may think this is sad but I had it mounted next to a Squadron plaque. Top gizzit.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Vagabond

Sergeant
If you'd joined up as an Armourer you could still be driving them now.....

Why on earth would I of wanted to join as an Armourer?

Goaty

Corporal
Originally Posted by Vagabond
Why on earth would I of wanted to join as an Armourer?

Well there's a massive list of reasons why but quite clearly because WE still use CVR(T)'s and you don't.....

FootTapper

Sergeant

Yep easily!

As well as three crew there's easily room for another four people in the back (although the floor is a bit less comfortable than a camper to sleep in - and you fall of the benches sometimes if you're kipping in the back while going off road)

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Yep easily!

As well as three crew there's easily room for another four people in the back (although the floor is a bit less comfortable than a camper to sleep in - and you fall of the benches sometimes if you're kipping in the back while going off road)
If you remove the NBC pack there would be even more space. Only major problem would be the lack of daylight. Then again you could open the sunroof.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

P

Pan Warrior

is it the same one

is it the same one

Kind-hearted, unfailingly courteous and by far the most civilised of the Germans, Lt. Gruber is nevertheless not entirely a pushover. Apart from Rene, his true love is his little tank, of which he is inordinately proud. (His driver, Clarence, is a bit of a mystery man.) :pDT_Xtremez_28:

littletank.jpg

A

Ausman

I used to drive one of these back in the 80's ... infact Reg No 48 AT 20 whilst on 1 (LA) SQN. Disable the govenor and it will do 60 Mph. Very thin alloy armour. Its fun thrashing around Germany with your mates with loaded guns ... pity they were only loaded with blanks. Some drawbacks ... your passengers will be sitting on or next to 400 odd litres of fuel and its a fridge/freezer in the winter and a sauna in the summer. :pDT_Xtremez_25: These things can also fly if you get enough speed up and hit a crest .... the landing is a bit ruff. Oh and once turned one into a submarine ... Cmdr (Chris M***) "its only a big puddle", Me "OK lets go" Glug .. Glug ... bail out, it took me 2 hour to get all the water out, the mossies loved us.

Sennelager .. Proberly the worst Lager in the world, Soltau .. far side of the moon

Just a quick reminder about persec and opsec issues.

Please visit
http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 before you continue posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
how about this one seen on ladies mile beach akrotiri... TONY BELL anyone?

Attachments

• normal_icecreamvan1024_1_%7E0.jpg
    normal_icecreamvan1024_1_%7E0.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0

Red-Rock

Sergeant
I used to drive one of these back in the 80's ... infact Reg No 48 AT 20 whilst on 1 (LA) SQN. Disable the govenor and it will do 60 Mph. Very thin alloy armour. Its fun thrashing around Germany with your mates with loaded guns ... pity they were only loaded with blanks. Some drawbacks ... your passengers will be sitting on or next to 400 odd litres of fuel and its a fridge/freezer in the winter and a sauna in the summer. :pDT_Xtremez_25: These things can also fly if you get enough speed up and hit a crest .... the landing is a bit ruff. Oh and once turned one into a submarine ... Cmdr (Chris M***) "its only a big puddle", Me "OK lets go" Glug .. Glug ... bail out, it took me 2 hour to get all the water out, the mossies loved us.

Sennelager .. Proberly the worst Lager in the world, Soltau .. far side of the moon

Just a quick reminder about persec and opsec issues.

Please visit http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 before you continue posting.

48AT20 was my wagon on 1 (LA) in 91. Small world Ausman.

A

Ausman

48AT20 was my wagon on 1 (LA) in 91. Small world Ausman.

RED ROCK - I left the Big Red 1 in July 1989, small world it is. 48AT20 had just come back from a referb. She looked brand new ... I got moved onto HQ Flt (REMF) before being shipped off to Innsworth for remuster. I miss those days ... the real Cold War RAF Regt ... check this site out for pics that I sent in. 1 Sqn and 51 Sqn http://www.rafregt.8k.com/1_Sqn_ RAF_ Regiment.htm Rodger That - Persec rule

Red-Rock

Sergeant
RED ROCK - I left the Big Red 1 in July 1989, small world it is. 48AT20 had just come back from a referb. She looked brand new ... I got moved onto HQ Flt (REMF) before being shipped off to Innsworth for remuster. I miss those days ... the real Cold War RAF Regt ... check this site out for pics that I sent in. 1 Sqn and 51 Sqn http://www.rafregt.8k.com/1_Sqn_ RAF_ Regiment.htm Rodger That - Persec rule
Seen the pics already mate. As you will see from my siggie I am a regular visitor to the site. By the way in one of the pics, a group one you can't remember the name of a lad from your BG course kneeling at the front. His name was Curly B and Briggys first name was Nick. Top pics, brought back some great memories.