• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Sitting proudly on top of the Drivers Championship, great to see the Union Flag flying above the podium, hope it's in the middle very soon

Great work Lewis...

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

A

Absolutely_Starkers

Definitely.
(Bet Button is a wee bit peeved at Hamilton's success)

Also - I'm glad F1 is exciting again

Good Riddance Michael Schumacher - you were a good driver an' all, but it's great without you!
Hope you're having fun doing those Fiat adverts,although do you really need the money, you greedy beggar!?

T

Tigger

Definitely.
(Bet Button is a wee bit peeved at Hamilton's success)

Probably because Hamilton has lived up to the promise he showed in GP2. He's come in and quietly got the job done.

Definately a future world champion and not to far in the future either me thinks.

G

grumpyoldb

Probably because Hamilton has lived up to the promise he showed in GP2. He's come in and quietly got the job done.

Definately a future world champion and not to far in the future either me thinks.

...........and rubbing Alonso's face in it as well.
I bet Kimi's a bit sick about changing camps now, although I'm sure he'll catch up.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Wonder what the odds would be for Lewis to be World Champion this year WITHOUT winning a single race ?

It was an OK race but not that exciting....

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hamilton, Herts Finest!

Hamilton, Herts Finest!

I think McClaren will pull up to Ferraris race pace sooner that later. Remeber that the Working lot haven't been running with Bridgestones and are still learning the tyre. I think Alonso will pick up as well.

However Hamilton has got it , ain't he!!!! First English World Champion Leader since Hill in 96 and Brit since Coultard in 03...

Monaco.... In F3 and GP2, He has never lost there!!! Worth a bet???:pDT_Xtremez_30:

25 years since the closest time to a World Champion winning with out a grand prix win. Keke Rosberg in the Williams won the Swiss GP in the year of Carnage "82". Won the Championship from Watson by two points (only 44). Ferrari drivers (who should have won at a cantar) kept on "wasting" themselves...............

Last edited:

Shinyscot

Corporal
Just hope that he learns from Button, Coulthard et al and doesn't p**s off to monaco to live the high life

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I think McClaren will pull up to Ferraris race pace sooner that later. Remeber that the Working lot haven't been running with Bridgestones and are still learning the tyre. I think Alonso will pick up as well.

However Hamilton has got it , ain't he!!!! First English World Champion Leader since Hill in 96 and Brit since Coultard in 03...

Monaco.... In F3 and GP2, He has never lost there!!! Worth a bet???:pDT_Xtremez_30:

25 years since the closest time to a World Champion winning with out a grand prix win. Keke Rosberg in the Williams won the Swiss GP in the year of Carnage "82". Won the Championship from Watson by two points (only 44). Ferrari drivers (who should have won at a cantar) kept on "wasting" themselves...............

Race win of one, showing a mature head when everbody else was losing theirs.......Brilliant.......:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Carries on this way , youngest world champion is on the cards.......:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Where was Kimi???????

C

cockneyrock

HAve you lot been drinking?

Granted Hamilton is a talented individual and fair play to him, he has had a fantastic start to the F1 season, however, Hamilton and Alonso (or should that be the other way round?) are clearly in a cars that are streets ahead of everything else on the circuit. I am fairly sure that if any of the other 'big names' were driving a McLaren they would be at the top of the table. The only reason Alonso isn't nearer to Hamilton is because he royally c@cked up at the start of the race today.

Todays race was the most exciting so far, however, it was hardly stuff to write home about.

Give me Moto GP any day of the week.

By the way, good luck Hamilton. No hard feelings. Easy money for talent when it is driving for far and away the best team on the race course. Hope you clean up.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
cockneyrock said:
Easy money for talent when it is driving for far and away the best team on the race course.

Nothing like a bit of good old genuine 'made in Britain' sneering cynicism when a home grown talent makes it good eh :rolleyes:

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Why do we repeatedly build them up to knock 'em down?? Lets get behind this lad and help support him.

G

georgeios

Why do we repeatedly build them up to knock 'em down?? Lets get behind this lad and help support him.

Here here the wee mans a leg-end fair play about time we had another brit on top of the F1 Button WHo?????:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14:

uber pikey

Sergeant

I am with you on this one tommo, I am a massive ferrarri suporter (always have been)and want to see them back at the front, however its great to see Hamilton doing it for himself after all the hard work that he and his dad Anthony have put in. All the guys on the grid have worked hard to get this far but with all the hype about Lewis it just seems fair.

C

cockneyrock

I am not knocking Hamilton down. Fare play to the lad, he is an outstanding talent who could undoubtedly be as successful, if not more so, than the greats that have gone before him. His time in GP2 has proved that. The fact of the matter remains that F1 is no longer competitive on the racetrack. It is a race between constructors with the most money and technical expertise. Fot the last few years Ferrari were top, before that Williams, now it is McLaren. It is years since 2 teams actually were competitive enough to race each other.

I really do hope that Hamilton goes on to win the Championship but lets be honest, his only competitor is his own team mate Alonso. The races will be won and lost in Qualifying, whoever gets pole will probably (baring c@ck ups) win the race. The other teams on the grid are miles off the pace.

I remember a commentator (can't remember who) say that "if Hamilton wants to race he should stay in GP2", and I think he was right. Having said that, someone of Hamilton’s talent can clean up in F1. I hope he does a few years in F1, wins a few World Championships and then goes over the pond to race where the competition is much closer and we'll really get to see how precocious his talent is.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
So Lewis gets the win he deserved, glad to see him just keep his cool and bring the car home in front. Have to admit it was a great race for all the action but would have been a sweeter victory had he just been able to go out in front and take the victory, in the first 15 laps he was streets ahead of everyone. I know he's driving a very good car but let's not take anything away from him, he's doing what needs to be done when all around are losing their heads.

Mind you when Ferrari were winning all the time it was rarely mentioned that it was because Michael was driving the best car, or even shunting off all his opponents (Melbourne/Damon Hill), it was great to see a driver that excited at winning and the excitement of the team for him.

Well done Lewis

H

Homer's Right Hand Man

I'm glad BFBS showed the whole race live yesterday. Fantastic race from Lewis Hamilton, with all the chaos that was happening he showed how mature he was unlike some of the more experienced drivers out there.

I'm off to find a bookies now, I'm betting the house on him winning both the Championship & BBC Sports Personality of the Year!! :pDT_Xtremez_28: What odds I wonder? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

N

Noodle

Really sorry, but I just don't like the guy. Met him when I was younger and used to race Karts, he was just really cocky, sorry. JB, was lovely however, and he still sends me a birthday and crimbo card!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Really sorry, but I just don't like the guy. Met him when I was younger and used to race Karts, he was just really cocky, sorry. JB, was lovely however, and he still sends me a birthday and crimbo card!

JB is lovely and drives a Honda near the back of the grid.
LH is cocky and drives a Maclaren near the front
Henman was lovely and constantly failed to win anything
Macenroe was a **** but won loads
Bruno was lovely and won next to nothing
Tyson was an animal...

Well, you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.