• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Have it Then...

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
We need to build a side round barkley sterling sturridge llana. Im a big fan of gerrard but its time he retired. Rooney will be 32 come the next world cup so he needs binning now.

G

Gord

for my two pennies, I think Rooney sums up the problem we have, he is seen as some as a world class player who must play when fit but lets face it he hasn't really improved since breaking through at everton as a 16yr old. lets face it he can't be the focal attacking point of a team like our strikers of old used to be.

who to replace him with? sturridge is the obvious choice but he's no lone striker and plays best with support, i'd have taken the young lad from spurs who broke through at the end of the season and scored a few, his confidence was sky high, he was in form, he seemed to have a decent touch and is good in the air. all in all a proper centre forward to get on the end of the balls sturridge, llallana, sterling etc can put in.

as for defence glen johnson has never really convinced all he does is run with the ball and either give it away and therefore be out of position or pass it backwards, in which case why run that far with it? and the centre backs need a few more games together to learn each other.

on the plus side i thought barkley looked decent and should start the last game which i think we should use as a changing of the guard and get all the kids in to see how they get on

You're probably right mate, I also think we need a few people like Jackie Milburn of old, lads who could put the ball and the f*ckin' goalkeeper in the back of the net. Not too many 'keepers wanted to catch a ball from Jackie, sprained wrists were the order of the day and he was accurate with it whether it was with his head or his feet. F*ck I'm givin' me age away again:biggrin:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
But will things change? Will they feck! The PL is a enormous money making business that won't stop the freight train to reduce income just so we have a better national side....if we reintroduced rules that stated 'no more than 4 foreign players per squad' then English clubs would have to seriously scout and bring on English talent?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
But will things change? Will they feck! The PL is a enormous money making business that won't stop the freight train to reduce income just so we have a better national side....if we reintroduced rules that stated 'no more than 4 foreign players per squad' then English clubs would have to seriously scout and bring on English talent?

Totally agree but that idea will create major problems:

1. The free movement of labour within the EU.

2. British teams will be unfairly handicapped in european competitions.

Probably the best way forward would be for HMRC to start hammering those clubs that are slow to pay taxes and NI contributions making the clubs trade within their budgets and stop paying stupid wages.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer

Football already manages to circumvent this law by having a transfer window outside of which no player may change their employer and still ply their trade. Should be totally illegal but seems to have been given some special dispensation.

I had a look back at the threads that were started during the 2010 World Cup and everyone was essentially saying the same things back then, our players aren't good enough, they don't think quickly enough, we pick the 'names' and then try and fit them into a team, we are ponderous and predictable. Chris Waddle sums it up here, its a top quality rant.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02191f7

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

2. British teams will be unfairly handicapped in european competitions.

Probably the best way forward would be for HMRC to start hammering those clubs that are slow to pay taxes and NI contributions making the clubs trade within their budgets and stop paying stupid wages.

There's no Europroblem with cricket.

I was at a kids' party a little while back when an earnest waste of skin (a city councillor, no less) turned up with a book of non-competitive games in case little kiddies got upset if they lost. His world was one in which individuals competed with each other or played nicely together and co-operated, each doing exactly the same as the other. He had no concept of team work, each carrying out the role for which he was best suited. No wonder there so many selfish, lazy pr@ts around, including those playing international football, when idiots like this run the shop.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Delusional...

Wayne Rooney still wants to make history with England despite their World Cup failure - and insists he will be around long enough to try.

Maybe his sponsors have finished their talks with the FA commercial dept and secured Wayne another tenure as his optimism can't be based on performance right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27960805

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Get in !!!!!
A draw against that footballing powerhouse Costa Rica.
Result !!!!!

Smalling, please tell me which raffle you won to get selected for a footy match. I`m an ardent SuperLeeds fan (i know, don`t laugh) but i really fear for them over t`Pennines having that idiot on the payroll.
How can you be so bad to launch it into row Z under no pressure ?
Have some fooking pride man, if Woy wings you again, have the decency to turn round and say "no, i`m not good enough".