• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lazy Moi surely not

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Delete "Cosford" and insert "Any one of lots of bases shut/closed/moved in the past 20 or 30 years.

The closure of a base always affects the local economy, it always will.

Edited.
Just read some of the comments. It's just like E Goat!

Last edited:

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
An interesting if protracted disscusion in the letters page of the local press. It looks at both the potential move of training from Cosford and the enduring levels of harmony and goodwill that exist between RAF and civilian staff at sunny Cosford.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2010/07/16/letter-madness-to-move-training-from-raf-cosford/

Jay's summed it up pretty well really...

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Lazy gits!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

On a more serious note, I think "Prof. Trainer" provided a mature and very interesting response from a different perspective. That's surely not Cap'n Slog's efforts, is it? It seems far too well-constructed to have come from him!
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Lazy? You?

Lazy? You?

TB, I wouldn't say that you are lazy...

Just conserving energy!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This comment from jay RAF should help us all get along swimmingly

"Although I agree with this letter I would just like to clarify one point.

"Many of Cosford’s highly trained technical instructors have indicated they are unwilling to move to South Wales. This in itself will create a problem at St Athan."

This should read:
Many of Cosfords lazy civilian instructors stamped their feet and threw their teddies out of the cot, because they didnt want to move from their cushy lifestyles.”

Nice :S

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Ex-Splitter and Proud; said:
On a more serious note, I think "Prof. Trainer" provided a mature and very interesting response from a different perspective. That's surely not Cap'n Slog's efforts, is it? It seems far too well-constructed to have come from him!:

That was far too intellectual for me to compose ESP, too much substantial prose to purport erroneously, whoever it was must have swallowed a thesaurus.

B

bluetonic

Interesting reading on the debate of service/civilian instructors, some comments fair, some just daft, everyone has their part to play, and most do it to the best of their ability-genuinely wanting to impart knowledge.

If i was a trainee, in the RAF, who would i like to see in front of me in the classroom/hangar?, an ex serviceman?- civvie? (lots of operational experience of course-germany / falklands - best rigger etc etc) or a Corporal, fresh from an active squadron whom just returned from a tour of todays Afghanistan.

Im not disrespecting experience of old, i just think the young ones would like to know how it is now, real time in theatre and to be honest, surely the level of training is'nt rocket science so most can deliver it?.

So, who do you think the trainee's would like to ask questions on the way to tea break?

Last edited:

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
So, who do you think the trainee's would like to ask questions on the way to tea break?

Personally, I think they benefit from the opportunity to talk/listen to both current servicemen/women and the crusty old f4rts.

Each offer different perspectives and have different advantages.

Each have their place.
Blue suit = currency, recent ops experience & YOUTH!!!
Civvy = continuity, possibly depth of experience & war stories (oh the war stories!! Cap'n Slog?:pDT_Xtremez_42:)

Try to remember back to your own instructors...

Memorable ones for me were:
  • Mr Fletcher - I always remember him explaining the problems of dropping tools when working on Sunderland flying boats!
  • Mick Baksh - then a serving SNCO
Others spring to mind - but they were possibly the two most influential for me. Both had a LOT to offer - if you were willing to learn!
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:

Tyson

SAC
Sorry don't know much about this, other than it was happening (I thought a coupla of years ago).

Have they actually started building anything at Saints yet?

Is the contract with metrix signed and been given a start date?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Last edited:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Lazy Civvies?!

Lazy Civvies?!

Let's get this thread back on track!

Everyone knows that there are a number of individuals that will do anything to get out of work.

They'll do the minimum required to get by.

Examples include...

Saying their contract only tells them to 'Co-ordinate' a process rather than do it themselves.

Having a day of Clay Pigeon Shooting or Golf, calling it 'Team Building' and disappearing at lunchtime.

Saying that they're off to the gym ... as you see them drive out of the gate.

Finding the smallest of excuses not to carry out a task (working to rule).

You know as well as I do that these people exist at all stations and they can be civvy job stealer's OR Blue Suit Lead Swingers!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

What we need is a way to get rid of them....!:pDT_Xtremez_32:

HTB

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having a day off Clay Pigeon Shooting or Golf, calling it 'Team Building' . HTB

So HTB how was your shooting today?:pDT_Xtremez_32: Because my golf was totally awsome:pDT_Xtremez_30:.

Seriously all stick and no carrot is a poor way to motivate people and the chance to take the rank tabs off and interact away from the workplace can be a good thing.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So HTB how was your shooting today?:pDT_Xtremez_32: Because my golf was totally awsome:pDT_Xtremez_30:.

Seriously all stick and no carrot is a poor way to motivate people and the chance to take the rank tabs off and interact away from the workplace can be a good thing.

fishing for a bite.... That was quick!

HTB

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
All I can say is that the Sqn Wobbly must have gone soft in the head. Team building indeed! You'll be telling me next you arrange events for the little scrotes (oops I mean revered tainees). What's wrong with a good old fashioned working weekend?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

SUD5Y

LAC
I can now confirm that the Sqn Wobbly has indeed gone soft in the head, no doubt due to his up and coming retirement note also the late mid life crisis car choice !)