• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Three Recruitment (L3R)

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Anyone had any dealings with a company called Last Three Recruitment (L3R)?

Two ex-RAF guys, one called David Christie who claim to get you into the Oil and Gas Industry.

briggfairy

Sergeant
I had a look at the site a few months ago and they seem very keen on you to spend money on their BASE course which doesn't actually give you any kind of qualification, they do seem to have had some success stories but i would suggest there's better things to spend your resettlement money on

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I would be wary of any recruitment company that want you to spend money with them. If they are legit they will get their commission from the company they place you with.

This is how I go offshore (O&G Recruitment) but not sure if they are still acting as a recruitment agency.....once your foot is in the door then agencies are not required as your experience speaks for itself.

Crack on..........

Sent from my iPad .....

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
That is exactly what I thought TM.

Everything is geared at getting your resettlement money and ELC off you when you are leaving and they have effectively "made up" a course that has no use to anyone other than lining their own pockets.

I had had a friend who is leaving ask about them and to be honest I have never heard of them before which is not a good sign.

Looking at the website I will be advising to steer clear as they look like a pair of opportunist money grabbers to me taking advantage of leavers who already feel vulnerable and have free money to spend!!

briggfairy

Sergeant
i'm going through resettlement at the moment with a view to getting into oil and gas and was advise by the resettlement consultant to not commit to doing the survival courses straight away either as quite often if a company wants you they will provide the training.

i was also advised by a friend working in the industry to look at http://www.petroleumopenlearning.com/ as their courses are run by opito and at the very least give you some technical knowledge about the industry

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
i'm going through resettlement at the moment with a view to getting into oil and gas and was advise by the resettlement consultant to not commit to doing the survival courses straight away either as quite often if a company wants you they will provide the training.

Good advice although it can help put you one step ahead of another candidate if you already have that tick in the box.

Sent from my iPad .....

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
If anyone is looking for a start in the O&G industry don't give your money to companies like L3R who make up their own 'courses' or qualifications as all they are after is a steady supply of leavers who don't know whats what and have easy money to burn.

They will not give you any edge regardless of what they say on their website.

Best way in is by getting folk you know to put your CV in for you, nothing better than word of mouth.