• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kitting list

M

MYSTIFIED

Heading OOA shortly and trying to sort kitting issues out. Can anyone point me in the direction of the official kitting list of what exactly I'm entitled to for CAT1 related tour? Supply don't seem to be playing ball after my initial issue which seemed particularly sparse. Conversation went something like this;

Me: Do I get issued a tourniquet? I hear IDF is fairly frequent...
SERCO: Nah, don't worry about it, you won't need one and besides their aim is rubbish.
Me: Oh right, well I guess you know best. Apparently there are regular power cuts, how about a head torch?
SERCO: Nah, you don't need one of those either.
Me: How about a softie jacket? I hear it can get pretty chilly.
SERCO: Nah, they're only issued on an operational basis.
Me: Did I mention I was going OOA?
SERCO: yeah, don't worry it's going to be the summer soon!
Me: Well, thanks for the help! See you in 6 months!

Official entitlement anyone?
Thanks

Mad Dog

LAC
You can access the full kitting list on the A1 Ops site on the Intranet. When are you due to deploy? If you are due to complete at least 1 month during the winter period then you are definitely scaled for the cold weather kit. As far as I remember, tourniquets etc, will be issued in theatre

D

dozyscopie1

The SERCO guys may have a bit of a point. If you are going Mar/Apr it will be quite warm and just getting hotter. Can get cold at night but not too bad. First time I went I took all the stuff on my kitting list and brought it all back on R&R bar the essentials ie uniform for day to day. Was a few years ago when I was there but we were not allowed to wear civvies, might have changed since then. Headtorch would be handy though, can recommend the Petzels. If you do get IDF and you hit the deck you will be fine, unless it lands right beside or on you then your fooked and no sort of tourniquet will help you:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Worst comes to the worst and you need any extra kit pop round to the supply lads with a load of biscuits and politely ask for what you need. Worked for me when my deserts when walk about from the laundry. If you do get a softie and you work with the Yanks they will swap you all sorts of mad stuff for them...so I heard..

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
I'm here in winter so got all the cold weather stuff.

I also got a headtorch, gerber, flask loads of stuff.

He's being a lazy ar$e, get him told. I'm fed up with SERCO f***ing jumped up civvy cnuts treating stores as their own personal feifdoms. Any more drama go upwards, get your boss to speak to OC Supply at the next Stn Execs.

What unit are you at and when/where are you going?

Up 'north' right now it's still b*stard freezing, yet more snow forecast, and the cold weather due to extend well into next month. So if you're coming anywhere near here, anytime soon, you cant afford NOT to have the cold wx gear.

Oh and insist they give you your issue BEFORE IPDT so that you can test and adjust.

Tournequets, Morphine, FFD, rounds, and big armour plates for your CBA will all be issued when you get here.

Edit: Rereading my spat on SERCO it comes across as a bit harsh. They're not ALL like that, I've just come across two of three who are and they wind me the f*** up.

Last edited:

Drill Bit

Sergeant
On my kit list: 1. No bandages or tourniquet listed. 2. Torch pack listed but does not specify head torch. 3. Cold weather gear Nov-Mar only.

unruly1986

Sergeant
I have a question to do with this thread; is it reasonable to expect clothing stores to have a copy of the kitting list for Ops? I'm talking Al Udeid here, nothing that would require too much extra kit.

N

NotAnIDOYet

I have a question to do with this thread; is it reasonable to expect clothing stores to have a copy of the kitting list for Ops? I'm talking Al Udeid here, nothing that would require too much extra kit.

I would suggest yes but it doesn't hurt to keep a copy of the most up to date version from the A1 website in case they haven't.

unruly1986

Sergeant
I went in twice the other day, in between night shifts. First time they told me to come back later as they were busy. When I went back (after grabbing a bit of sleep), they told me I needed a copy of the kit list. As polestar (intranet) was down, I hadn't been able to get one. Seemed to be a `can't do` rather than a `can do` attitude`.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I went in twice the other day, in between night shifts. First time they told me to come back later as they were busy. When I went back (after grabbing a bit of sleep), they told me I needed a copy of the kit list. As polestar (intranet) was down, I hadn't been able to get one. Seemed to be a `can't do` rather than a `can do` attitude`.

Your stores should have the kitting list.

I simply gave them my sizes, then went back about a month later and collected a large tri-wall of kit, then went back about 2 weeks later and collected the winter kit I was also issued.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Your stores should have the kitting list.

I simply gave them my sizes, then went back about a month later and collected a large tri-wall of kit, then went back about 2 weeks later and collected the winter kit I was also issued.

That's what I thought. I had all my sizes written down but they didn't want to know. To say I was ****ed off is an understatement, especially as I'd waited around after coming off nights for the first visit, then the same day getting up early (2pm) to go back and get my preps signed. The guy said 'we can't print it off for you you have to do it yourself'.

Explained that my LTA is middle of next month (been brought forward), but the guy just walked away from the counter.

Plus I'm a shift worker and live 200 miles from camp, so time is running out.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Sod that, if it was me - I'd go and see OC Socks and Belts and give both barrels and remind them that they are there to support Ops, not hinder them. Seems the Stores Wallah has forgotten that he works for you. You are being fcuked about by some civvy w@nker.

zofo

LAC
Had a bit of Nause from my Hilltop Middlesex Headquarters guys regarding kit issue, I was assisgned to a DCCT post in afghan and had to do cat 2 training etc.. they just did not believe the kit i needed for the post even though the job spec (a copy of which it took to show them, said I would be outside the wire etc) and so I got on my 2 week training at Barnham, and went and saw the Clothing stores people at Honington, (biscuits in hand) and had no trouble at all there, Like has been said before they are there to support us, and can be a bit of a pain sometimes, I got issued all of my Morphine, TQ's and rounds etc in theatre, at the end of my tour i handed most of it back to the RQM's at Bastion (Too much kit collected over 6 months to bring home) !! :) Best of luck anyway

PB

unruly1986

Sergeant
Sod that, if it was me - I'd go and see OC Socks and Belts and give both barrels and remind them that they are there to support Ops, not hinder them. Seems the Stores Wallah has forgotten that he works for you. You are being fcuked about by some civvy w@nker.

Was about to post regarding this - unit admin are aware of the ****about I've had so if I get no joy this week I'll be off to see him/her. If I was due to go that weekend what would they have said? `A1 site is down so we can't give you any kit`. Adapt and overcome - cheesy I know but has this disappeared?

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Had a bit of Nause from my Hilltop Middlesex Headquarters guys regarding kit issue, I was assisgned to a DCCT post in afghan and had to do cat 2 training etc.. they just did not believe the kit i needed for the post even though the job spec (a copy of which it took to show them ...

And this is the problem we come up against time and again. ex-22 year Cpl stacker, cold war warrior, left in the eighties and started building his little empire when stores started going civvy. Refuses to accept that the RAF has changed at all since 'his day' and acts accordingly - he 'knows' exactly what every post entails as he reads the RAF News so that he can keep his pi$$-taking hilarious 'banter' up-to-date. Fat cnut hasn't seen his penis in years which is slowly turning him even more bitter and twisted. Meanwhile, he's the key between us and the kit we need, and boy does he know it.

Umbo

SAC
Ok, you can't get through to a Serco Stacker; use their system, on them. They are certificated to ISO 9001 with BV certification; the French equivalent of BSI. Make a formal written complaint to the unit Contract Manager, then request Corrective Action, following through with the Contract Monitoring Team. If they ignore you, take the issue up with BV and ultimately UKAS, who Accredit them to deliver 9k. They have really big balls, and enjoy looking into issues of justified customer dis-satisfaction.

Don't take it, outsourcing is milking the Services dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJW

Corporal
Have you tried the units Contract Monitoring Team? If you are fully contractorised there will probably be a SNCO stacker on the team who would love to hear from you and adjust Serco's attitudes.

Stores at Valley are much the same..."oooh its shiney, you're not an orificer so we wont give it you" but as soon as you get SNCO & above involved they start quaking in their boots.