• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kier fails to tell the truth

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just thought I’d best come on here to check-out the latest political outrage of a senior Civil Servant holding secret talks with a political party about a top table job in a future government.

But, hey nothing, perhaps politics is becoming a better place.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Kier fails to tell the truth

He's a politician of course he tells fibs, hard to find one that doesn't.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Goch, darn, who'd have thought that a politician, especially a Liarbore one, would be ecconomical with the truth. But, Mr Stammerer was taught bt the Arc Truth Bender Tony B Liar

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
By not answering questions when asked directly by the MSM.

Is not telling the truth just as bad as telling a lie?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Sorry I was wrong, not that he didn’t tell the truth, but apparently it was a lie, sorry about that.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being "economical with the truth" has got folk in hot water before. I first heard the expression during evidence given by Sir Robert Armstrong, British cabinet secretary, in the 'Spycatcher' book trial (1986), he said of the book.

'It contains a misleading impression, not a lie. It was being economical with the truth. '

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
By not answering questions when asked directly by the MSM.

Is this the report compiled by the Cabinet Office who work for the Tory Government? Smells of sour grapes because her report into lockdown parties was fair and impartial, and she had a backbone and didnt turn a blind eye to the shit that she got to hear about. No wonder Kier Starmer hired her - the one with principles and morals, unwilling to be bullied into silence by this right wing dictatorship.

For you gammoners who are jumping on the outrage bus, try watching PMQs every Wednesday at 12 noon. You'll see the art of not answering a question displayed perfectly by the Rt "Honourable" member for Richmond. Cant recall any of you finding that wrong.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
try watching PMQs every Wednesday at 12 noon. You'll see the art of not answering a question displayed perfectly
PMQ's a regular weekly watch at TB towers. There are a few hundred people sat in the Commons who are indeed experts at never answering the question posed. regardless of political stance. Plus of course the usual added bonus of all bad ideas eminate from the other side, your policy bad, my policy good bickering. If only the party opposite did it my way all would be well etc etc sometimes it can be quite amusing.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Sorry, but this is about not telling the truth, which appears to be proven, and the fact that some are allowed to do this and others are not.

The circumstances of the lie does not change its status of it being a lie.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Sorry, but this is about not telling the truth, which appears to be proven, and the fact that some are allowed to do this and others are not.

The circumstances of the lie does not change its status of it being a lie.
Has this been proven by any area other than by the Cabinet Office, which is headed by Tory ministers and does what the tories tell them to do?

If you are saying Kier Starmer refused to answer a question from the MSM about a tory-led which hunt, then I'm not surprised.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
tory-led which hunt
Just to clarify then if the machine of state investgates, inquires, scrutinises the actions of Boris that's a completely acceptable process and a proper use of tax payers money. If the machine of state investgates, inquires, scrutinises or even glances at the actions of Kier it's a "Tory led witch hunt".

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Has this been proven by any area other than by the Cabinet Office, which is headed by Tory ministers and does what the tories tell them to do?

If you are saying Kier Starmer refused to answer a question from the MSM about a tory-led which hunt, then I'm not surprised.
Let's be clear, the Cabinet Office is under a tory minister because all government departments are overseen by government ministers. Like all departmental civil servants, the CS in the Cabinet Office are bound by the CS code to be unbiased in terms of political interventions and to apply the rules and make decisions in a non-political manner. So are you saying that the CS in the Cabinet Office have themselves breached the CS code? A serious charge and one that should be reported. In doing so, you may wish to remember that Sue Gray was herself the 2nd most senior civil servant in the Cabinet Office and, therefore, if there is a culture of political bias in that department the past senior leadership may have to be held to account and their own leadership & biases (if any...) questioned.,

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Let's be clear, the Cabinet Office is under a tory minister because all government departments are overseen by government ministers. Like all departmental civil servants, the CS in the Cabinet Office are bound by the CS code to be unbiased in terms of political interventions and to apply the rules and make decisions in a non-political manner. So are you saying that the CS in the Cabinet Office have themselves breached the CS code? A serious charge and one that should be reported. In doing so, you may wish to remember that Sue Gray was herself the 2nd most senior civil servant in the Cabinet Office and, therefore, if there is a culture of political bias in that department the past senior leadership may have to be held to account and their own leadership & biases (if any...) questioned.,
Remind me why Sue Gray headed the enquiry and not Simon Case?

Deltaitem

Corporal
Although, in the real world outside of egoat and possibly arrse, I'm not really actually sensing any outrage. Maybe I need to start reading the daily fail.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Remind me why Sue Gray headed the enquiry and not Simon Case?
Because there was identified as having been an event in his office. I have no problem with that being investigated and appropriate action being taken by the correct authorities. The point being that those authorities should themselves be free and be seen to be free of party political bias. Once something happens that gives rise to the perception that there may be political bias then a problem exists. It is the perception that Sue Gray may have been biased that is the current problem.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just to clarify then if the machine of state investgates, inquires, scrutinises the actions of Boris that's a completely acceptable process and a proper use of tax payers money. If the machine of state investgates, inquires, scrutinises or even glances at the actions of Kier it's a "Tory led witch hunt".
Yes that appears to be correct