• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kat and Rover's Rockapedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
What is the name of Queen's Bass guitarist. everyone always seem's to be able name all the other members except him. You gotta admit he was the grey man of Queen.

You could have asked what his Nan's name was or something like that, and after meeting him for a pint in the Horse & Jockey at the weekend, I could have told you that it is Maureen Hattersley (after reverting back to her maiden name)

K

katinthehat

You could have asked what his Nan's name was or something like that, and after meeting him for a pint in the Horse & Jockey at the weekend, I could have told you that it is Maureen Hattersley (after reverting back to her maiden name)

Ah - she still drinks there then?? I assumed she had possibly taken up residence in Rattys these days.......:pDT_Xtremez_34:

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
What is the name of Queen's Bass guitarist. everyone always seem's to be able name all the other members except him. You gotta admit he was the grey man of Queen.

Isn't that the fate of most bass players? Apart from a few 'personalities' such as Flea, they mostly stand there and do their bit without fuss.

Deacon was also onto a loser because the rest of the band were quite high profile. Brian May is a genius with that hair and Roger Taylor sometimes took to the mic and looked a bit 'Rock and Roll'. Deacon just looked like someone who'd wandered on stage by mistake.

M

Mentaldrummer1980

Cheers

Cheers

John Deacon

Knew the answer anyway, but a 10 second google search would have easily thrown up the answer.

Why use Google, thats too easy. Anyway I wanted to test KAT & Rover's Rocapedia. It was just one of those "who the fu*k is he" questions, that no one i have ever met has ever answered.

M

Mentaldrummer1980

The path of the Bass player is a lonely one.

The path of the Bass player is a lonely one.

What is he up to then these days??? I bet he is either living off the Queen estate or is doing some on the side building work in a vain attempt to get back on the telly as a feature on rogue traders, LOL

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I told you, he drinks in the Horse & Jockey in Coningsby Village and regularly plays in the Axe & Cleaver in Boston with his new gay tribute Queen band "Queer"

K

katinthehat

I would imagine with having six kids he is probably busy with them............:pDT_Xtremez_34:

But no doubt as a trained electrical engineer that is what he is busy doing to keep himself in beer money - as he no doubt needs it...........:pDT_Xtremez_17:

M

mcdoodle

theres a great manchester band called i am kloot, the lead singer often tours as a solo artist, but what i want to know is, when are they touring again as a band, and when will they have a new album out?

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Can you tell me if a band called Mordred are still around and also Tygers of Pan Tang?

K

katinthehat

Can you tell me if a band called Mordred are still around and also Tygers of Pan Tang?

Oooh now there is a band I havent heard of for a while -but the Tygers are touring this year - details on their website -
link

Mordred split in 1995, but reformed for a few dates in 2005. Still around - playing occassionally - check out the myspace link -
link

Hope that helps!!!

K

katinthehat

theres a great manchester band called i am kloot, the lead singer often tours as a solo artist, but what i want to know is, when are they touring again as a band, and when will they have a new album out?

All info available on the following -

link

K

katinthehat

haha! ogt that website, but it doesnt say much! was hoping with all of the guys insider info, i might have got an exclusive!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

cheers tho!

Not me with the insider knowledge Im afraid MD - but I try to help where I can - and seeing as RB is AWOL today on here - twas the best I could suggest!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Not my thing really - but some of it sounded good - so may have another listen later!!

M

mcdoodle

Not me with the insider knowledge Im afraid MD - but I try to help where I can - and seeing as RB is AWOL today on here - twas the best I could suggest!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Not my thing really - but some of it sounded good - so may have another listen later!!

if you decide you like, give me a shout, got all 4 of their cd's, and i think you live local to me!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

K

katinthehat

Cheers MD - will do!!!
Always open to a bit of musical education!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Meatloaf 20th May 07 Newcastle Metro Arena

Meatloaf 20th May 07 Newcastle Metro Arena

The larger than life legend that is Meatloaf is back and you’d better believe it. The Newcastle arena kicked off with a medley of songs from the legendary Bat out of Hell album sang by the rather attractive backing singers before the man himself entered the stage with a standing ovation from the 30 something crowd. Sporting long hair that took the audience back in time to Meatloaf’s sprightlier days, Meat launched into an up tempo rendition of “Paradise by the dashboard light”. But not everything is always as it seems with the mighty man and it was revealed that Meatloaf’s long hair was, in fact a wig.
Meatloaf has obviously lost a great deal of weight, and it is clearly evident that he has not been a well man. Taking frequent rests as well as a 10 minute interval half way through, he ensured that the audience was not disappointed and the show carried on through a total of 2 and a half hours of songs from the Bat Out of Hell 2&3 albums, before finishing the main set with a somewhat toned down original “Bat out of Hell”, the song that most of the audience was clearly waiting for. After a final short interval, the band returned for an encore that featured a cover version of “Black Betty” and finally ended with the Stones’ “Gimme Shelter”. Notably absent from the set were songs such as “Deadringer” and “Heaven can wait”, but this did not detract from an excellent show.
So has Meatloaf still got it? You bet he has. OK, he’s a lot slower on his feet these days but his voice is still incredibly powerful and the audience is still assured of a good show. The only downer was the price of merchandise at £22 for a T-shirt and £15 for a program, but that didn’t phase Roverthinksshe’srockchickbutisn’treally, as she must think that money grows on trees, but that’s another story.

PS yeh, I know the pic is sh!te, but hopefully it'll convince you all that I actually was there last night!!

Last edited:
K

katinthehat

Nice one RB.

I have tickets to see a few bands in November and December - so will post gig reviews after I see them.
Off to see......

Alice Cooper, Joan Jett & Motorhead

Thin Lizzy & Queensryche

and............. 6 days before my birthday.........

THUNDER!!!!!

Cant wait!!! Only taken me about 18yrs to get to see them!!!

Oh - and waiting to see if the rumours about Y&T touring in November are true too - as they may have to be added to the list!!!

Last edited:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Oooh now there is a band I havent heard of for a while -but the Tygers are touring this year - details on their website -
link

Mordred split in 1995, but reformed for a few dates in 2005. Still around - playing occassionally - check out the myspace link -
link

Hope that helps!!!

Cheers for that

Status
Not open for further replies.