• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kandahar or Bastion?

For a SGT FOM (someone i know might be one) - Which one is most interesting/uninteresting job?
Possibly hard to answer i know cos i dont know the actual role/posn. But generally is there an obvious winner?or an obvious avoid?
Heard one opinion today - 'a nobrainer' apparently one of them "proper sh1t for Ops - go to the other one".
Cheers

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Surely your 'FOM Friend' would know this from talking to other FOMs? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Cheers,

I rang someone who i thought might be in the know yesterday about 1500hrs and was told by a female cpl who happened to be in their office using their computer that they'd gone home for the day.

If only i'd tried to find a full time FOM.

I have been quite busy last couple of days due to going on short notice leave, no time to do a major ringround so when i got home i thought i'd try egoat. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Unbelievably to some, being a FOM some of my friends are civvies, serviceman that are not tg9 and even some tg9 that that have not been to afghan. FOM's that i had in mind were nt available. but anyway is there anything that you can share.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Well if it was my office you rang at 1500...........I was at my desk!! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

1510 - was a different kettle of fish though. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Try again at 0700 on Tues and you never know your luck :raf:

H

Hammer

I did 904 Ops in KAF in 08 and you spend your life doing airfield driving briefs and get messed around as SNCO IC the block. Cant comment on Bastion but i dont fancy KAF again for the reasons stated.

The coffee is good in KAF though.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The FOM job at KAF is about to change drastically when they move into the new OpsCen............... Just what I heard of course......