• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KAF Attacked

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
A ground assault is a bit cocky but i have always wondered why they dont do what the NVA and VC did and get in close and attack a place like this so they can neutralize the threat to them of arty and air power. They are all will to die supposedly, so it shouldnt be a problem for them!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
It just shows the lengths some people will go to get their hands on the latest Pizza Hut meal deal.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
....or maybe they thought David Beckham would be visiting KAF as well as Bastion!

Seriously though, there are a sh!t load of Rocks there under the auspices of "Force Protection" keeping insurgents well away from the perimiter - how did these get close enough to engage in a ground assault without being intercepted?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's been a bit of a **** week out there, ths Sun is reporting a Sea King damaged.

Link

Sea Kings hitting the desert aren't a one off :pDT_Xtremez_14: Luckily you can make one serviceable again with a roll of bodge tape and 3 rusty screws

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
....or maybe they thought David Beckham would be visiting KAF as well as Bastion!

Seriously though, there are a sh!t load of Rocks there under the auspices of "Force Protection" keeping insurgents well away from the perimiter - how did these get close enough to engage in a ground assault without being intercepted?

Funny. Stick to fcuking peoples pay up.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
:)

:)

Funny. Stick to fcuking peoples pay up.

He has got a point to be fair. I though the rocks were out there making sure sh1t like this didn't happen?

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Well they didn't break through the perimeter do the rocks did their job right? Or am I missing something here?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Thanks for your helpful comments. No doubt it was a disgruntled rock that has had his pay screwed up by a clerk that failed to intercept the insurgents as they launched their attack - I knew TG17 would get the blame somehow!!

Seriously though they've done a bloody good job at keeping these nutters at bay for the past 6 or so years but I'm still wondering how an IDF attack followed by a ground assault could happen if all those rocks were out on the ground - there's plenty of them out there.

Tabber

LAC
The GDA is a big place and the rocks do all they can. Without having the intel to hand I would suggest that by denying access the Regt have fulfilled their role. Well done them!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I'm concerned that these insurgents got close enough. A rocket fired from 5Km away is one thing but if they managed to get up close and personal then the head of FP should have some serious explaining to do.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Your not grasping it Muttley, and wont go into anymore details here, but their main role isnt protecting the MASSIVE perimiter fence at KAF.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
muttywhitedog

You are in danger of showing the lack of understanding of another trade's role as is often shown by others in the frequent shiney bashing threads.

If you really want to understand the role, I suggest that you give your local Stn Rock a call tell him that you're interested in FP's role in theatre and ask if he could spare some time to chat about it. Better still, if you are at a unit with a FP Wg HQ on it, go and chat to them.

They will be able to explain the full purpose of the Ground Defence Area, and the priorities for tasking within that area. They will also be able to tell you how many people such a task should involve (compared to what is available in reality).

D

Douglas Bader's Right Leg

I'm concerned that these insurgents got close enough. A rocket fired from 5Km away is one thing but if they managed to get up close and personal then the head of FP should have some serious explaining to do.

Know your principles of war: concentration of force enables a relatively small force to enjoy localised, short-term superiority of numbers and weight of fire. I'd wager that keeping Terry at bay for 6 years is pretty good, I'm surprised this sort of thing hasn't happened more often considering how close the base is to the city. What is important is that the situation was recovered in relatively short order.